5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bilstein 5100’s on V6

Lamont22

Reaction score
Has anyone installed Bilstein 5100’s to lift the front of their V6 Ram? Aside from getting slightly more lift at each stop ring location (without the weight of the V8) is their any reason why they wouldn’t work?

skyhawk42

Reaction score
I’m curious about this too. I almost bought the rough country coilovers and they state not for the v6. I asked why and they said it had to do with weight, but couldn’t confirm how much higher it would be. I looked at mopar springs and the part number I found showed good for v6 or v8 so I’m wondering if there are any good options for those of us with the v6

19jds76

Reaction score
I have them on my truck. I've put almost 30k miles on since the install and no issues. I have mine at the #5 setting, gave me right around 1.5". Not the 1.75" they claim. Just my experience with them.

Lamont22

Reaction score
I have them on my truck. I've put almost 30k miles on since the install and no issues. I have mine at the #5 setting, gave me right around 1.5". Not the 1.75" they claim. Just my experience with them.
Thank you for the feedback! Interesting about the lift height on the #5 setting being around 1.5”. Did you change out the UCA’s or leave stock?

clay282

Reaction score
I have NOT put them on my current 5th gen truck, but I did on the last 4th gen with a V6 and 4x4. I think last time I had them on 2 inches. I only did light offroad and didn't have any UCA issues. BUT, it is correct, the front end isn't as heavy as the HEMI and it always looked, just a touch high in the front. I don't think the suspension changed so much, it would be any different now.

19jds76 how does it look at the 1.5" setting? I was planning on putting a set on but wasn't sure what setting to go with. I'd rather keep a hair bit of rake than be so level, it looked nose high in some angles and ANYTIME I put anything in the bed.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've used them on a couple of V8 rigs and they are very firm...almost stiff. On a V6 I'd expect the truck to ride like a log wagon. But, they'll work fine as long as you're OK with losing your factory ride.

19jds76

Reaction score
I have NOT put them on my current 5th gen truck, but I did on the last 4th gen with a V6 and 4x4. I think last time I had them on 2 inches. I only did light offroad and didn't have any UCA issues. BUT, it is correct, the front end isn't as heavy as the HEMI and it always looked, just a touch high in the front. I don't think the suspension changed so much, it would be any different now.

19jds76 how does it look at the 1.5" setting? I was planning on putting a set on but wasn't sure what setting to go with. I'd rather keep a hair bit of rake than be so level, it looked nose high in some angles and ANYTIME I put anything in the bed.
My truck still has a very slight rake. The stance is basically the same as if I had the Off Road package from the factory.

RX9790

Reaction score
I know its an old thread but just in case someone needs info, I called RC and they said its just the weight difference. The parts will bolt up. I am going to use the 2" lifted N3 struts so it might get up to 3" per the RC rep. I am doing 3" in the back so it will be fine. Plus, once a 10k winch and steel bumper is added, the weight might get it down a little.

Users who are viewing this thread