5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bighorn level 2 rear seat conversion to laramie 60/40

Khrissicks

Reaction score
I'm planning on swapping my 2019 5th gen crew cab bighorn cloth rear seats with the laramie 60/40 reclining seats. There's a few problems I'm running into. Does anyone have a laramie that can upload pictures of the connectors powering the cooling and heating of the rear seats?

1. The laramie has a center seat mount that allows the seat to recline positions. (Not sure if the bighorn has the screw mounts on the rear frame for the laramie center seat hook mounts or I'd have to weld that piece)
2. My rear media console has the usb plugs but not the cooling or heating switches for the laramie seat (Not sure if when opening the rear console I'll find the wires for the switches tucked in there or I'd have to order the wire harness that goes from the rear media console to the rear laramie seats)

Parts order as of now:
60/40 laramie recline seats left and right
two rear center seat hook mounts
4 rear media console switches (cooling and heating for both rear seats)
Wire harness for powering cooling and heating seats (if necessary)

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here's someone who installed the rear seat (SOWARDCUSTO):

He doesn't say anything about wiring them up though.

kevin27

Reaction score
Just wondering if you were able to complete the swap yet and what the final cost was?

Verizonwired

Reaction score
Any word or tutorial on this? It almost seems as if paying an extra 10k for this feature isnt worth it if you can do it yourself

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I'm planning on swapping my 2019 5th gen crew cab bighorn cloth rear seats with the laramie 60/40 reclining seats. There's a few problems I'm running into. Does anyone have a laramie that can upload pictures of the connectors powering the cooling and heating of the rear seats?

1. The laramie has a center seat mount that allows the seat to recline positions. (Not sure if the bighorn has the screw mounts on the rear frame for the laramie center seat hook mounts or I'd have to weld that piece)
2. My rear media console has the usb plugs but not the cooling or heating switches for the laramie seat (Not sure if when opening the rear console I'll find the wires for the switches tucked in there or I'd have to order the wire harness that goes from the rear media console to the rear laramie seats)

Parts order as of now:
60/40 laramie recline seats left and right
two rear center seat hook mounts
4 rear media console switches (cooling and heating for both rear seats)
Wire harness for powering cooling and heating seats (if necessary)
Just to clarify, ventilated rear seats are not available in the Laramie. You have to step up to the Longhorn or Limited to be able to have that available as an option. So you might want to ask for Longhorn/Limited pics if you want to have both heated and ventilated rear seats in your Big Horn.

Users who are viewing this thread