5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bigger throttle body

BigHornDaddy318

Reaction score
Anyone running a bigger throttle body with the Edge Pulsar? If so is it worth the $$$? Lookimg at a 90mm BBK , just wondering if the cost is worth the cost.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone running a bigger throttle body with the Edge Pulsar? If so is it worth the $$$? Lookimg at a 90mm BBK , just wondering if the cost is worth the cost.
Interested as well. Only person I have asked before who did have a bigger throttle body had a custom jay Greene tune with unlocked PCM

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Not sure that it would be beneficial if your engine is not physically modded.

397STROKER

Reaction score
Unless you are modifying your engine significantly 90 mm is way too big. Even if say you go with a 85 mm, other than some better throttle response possibly, it is a waste unless you are at least tuned for it. For the cost you are talking minimal returns without other things done.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bigger carb or throttle body gives you the ability to flow more air for high RPM operation, at the expense of low speed drivability. With the stock exhaust manifolds and cats, I think you'll mostly experience more bog and hesitation at low speed. You probably need headers and low restriction cats to get any meaningful gains from oversize induction. And if you're going down that rabbit hole, do the exhaust first.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
The main reason to increase the TB size is if it becomes a restriction because you installed higher flow exhaust, intake manifold, and heads. You tune for the mods you have installed. However, you can definitely put one just to do it. It may net a couple of higher end hp, but I doubt you’ll feel it.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Bigger carb or throttle body gives you the ability to flow more air for high RPM operation, at the expense of low speed drivability. With the stock exhaust manifolds and cats, I think you'll mostly experience more bog and hesitation at low speed. You probably need headers and low restriction cats to get any meaningful gains from oversize induction. And if you're going down that rabbit hole, do the exhaust first.
The factory cats are "high flow". Nobody gets any real gains from replacing factory cats with aftermarket ones.

Users who are viewing this thread