5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big Horn Speakers

Patpenrod

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to remove the speakers from the dash to upgrade them? I don't want to just go prying and mark up my dash. I have the base 6 speaker system with the 8.4 screen. I'm assuming the door speakers are easily accessible just by taking the door panels off?

Also, does anyone have the speaker sizes for each of the 6 locations and what ohms each is so I get the closest matching replacements? Crutchfield says they don't have any direct drop-ins.

DonsRam19

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to remove the speakers from the dash to upgrade them? I don't want to just go prying and mark up my dash. I have the base 6 speaker system with the 8.4 screen. I'm assuming the door speakers are easily accessible just by taking the door panels off?

Also, does anyone have the speaker sizes for each of the 6 locations and what ohms each is so I get the closest matching replacements? Crutchfield says they don't have any direct drop-ins.
Go to crutchfields website and type in your truck I have the same set up and it gave me all drop in replacements.

Fornstar

Reaction score
If swapping out stock speakers with drop in replacements, does the ANC still work or does it have to be disabled? I have read that people disconnect it when upgrading speakers. Maybe that is only needed when adding a sub.

SacRebel

Reaction score
If swapping out stock speakers with drop in replacements, does the ANC still work or does it have to be disabled? I have read that people disconnect it when upgrading speakers. Maybe that is only needed when adding a sub.

I don't think I've heard of anyone having issues with the ANC after replacing just the dash speakers. I think you'll find the simple replacement well worth the $40 and 15-minutes of your time.

Users who are viewing this thread