5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BETTER AIR FILTER...K&N or AirRaid

ricroc187

Reaction score
Greetings, looking to upgrade my factory air filter on my 2019 Ram. From experience, which one do you guys recommend or prefer for the Ram? I used to have a Vararam on my 4th Gen Ram, but i figured i would just change the air filter on my 5th Gen. Let me know what you think?

Thanks

Ric

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I went with the AEM one on my 2014 and will transfer it to my 2019 when I get it.

ricroc187

Reaction score
you have the whole Air intake kit or just the air filter? I haven't really seen any aftermarket intakes or parts for the 2019's yet. I would like a Vararam, as the one i had before really woke my hemi up. Wish Vararam would hurry up and make one for the 5th Gen.

John813

Reaction score
you have the whole Air intake kit or just the air filter? I haven't really seen any aftermarket intakes or parts for the 2019's yet. I would like a Vararam, as the one i had before really woke my hemi up. Wish Vararam would hurry up and make one for the 5th Gen.

Mopar will have their version out supposedly in December. Probably will cost more than the Vararam but I assume there will be zero warranty issues with their unit.

768mph

Reaction score
I went with a AEM drop in Dry filter with mine and my wife’s 19. BH Sport.

jamesfg

Reaction score
Dry filters are always going to be superior. When you run an oiled filter that oil is going to make it's way into the hose and start causing issues with your MAF which will require disassembly and cleaning. Went thru those problems with my XB's back in the day.

768mph

Reaction score
Dry filters are always going to be superior. When you run an oiled filter that oil is going to make it's way into the hose and start causing issues with your MAF which will require disassembly and cleaning. Went thru those problems with my XB's back in the day.
I get what you’re saying but a majority is from owners over oiling their filters after they clean them.
And we don’t have MAFs. So we’re good. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread