5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Wax or Sealant for a Black Vehicle

Bad Azz Ram

Reaction score
What are you guys using for your black vehicles? I've heard a good 100% Carnauba wax over a store bought Ceramic/Synthetic sealant is good. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks in advance.

Following to see what others say.

But I also used so far turtle wax black wax. Looked really good. Hides the fine scratches for a little.

Last time I used. The last cost. Truck looked really good. Stayed cleaner longer too.

Just ordered last coat black ice. So will see how that is.

Also I use for soap chemical guys I think it called black light.

Carnauba is great if you get a good quality one that doesn’t stain trim.
I’ve tried Pinnacle Souveran and it’s the absolute best I’ve ever used. On my black GL550 is was amazing. Super slick, and beautiful glow, while not staining trim. Also, super easy to remove. Just a joy to use. The only drawback is that it does not last more than a couple of weeks.

For me, sometimes it’s kind of therapeutic to apply wax to my freshly washed car so I don’t mind using it if I want it to pop, and the process takes literally 20 min from start to finish. It’s that easy to apply that wax.

A little pricey but the old adage applies. You get what you pay for. For me the ease of use is totally worth the extra cost:

If you are going for longevity, than a sealant is the way to go, as you will get easily (a realistic) three months or more use out of it. Still easy to use, but just a tad more work to remove. Not much, but not as easy as wax. This one‘s my favorite. Amazing slickness and water repellency btw:

I’ve since moved on from these to EXO4 Ceramic coating on my GLE53, which is the ultimate in gloss and protection (and also affordable and easy to use if you take your time), but that’s a topic for another thread.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,

Following to see what others say.

But I also used so far turtle wax black wax. Looked really good. Hides the fine scratches for a little.

Last time I used. The last cost. Truck looked really good. Stayed cleaner longer too.

Just ordered last coat black ice. So will see how that is.

Also I use for soap chemical guys I think it called black light.

Is that soap PH Neutral?

a True Carnuba wax will look amazing with a nice deep rich glow BUT it does not have longevity ( if outside a month or so)
as for synthetic sealants theres a million of them out there and some are better than others of curse but they also vary in what they offer between looks and longevity
alot has to come down to what your budget and expectations are. also how much work you want to put in as some will require extra steps to get the best from them.
there is also paste, liquid, and spray versions again each has there pros and cons also depending on what you are looking to get out of them. also being black anything you do get try to be out of direct sunlight and have the panels be cool to save some stress

I use Meguiars liquid wax but it’s a synthetic . It’s the only wax I know of at the moment that you can wax in direct sunlight without any problems .

Attachments

• D7CEF3D2-0235-4F37-AFCF-237B6B1046C7.jpeg
    D7CEF3D2-0235-4F37-AFCF-237B6B1046C7.jpeg
    106.8 KB · Views: 13
Is that soap PH Neutral?

Perfect for black and dark color vehicles
pH-balanced formula does not strip wax or sealant coatings
High suds/high gloss formula
Premium slick and scratch-free car wash shampoo
pH-balanced formula does not strip wax or sealant coatings
Perfect for two bucket wash or foam cannon
Perfect for use in any foam gun or foam cannon for added slick suds and scratch-free wash experience

Copy off there site.

a True Carnuba wax will look amazing with a nice deep rich glow BUT it does not have longevity ( if outside a month or so)
as for synthetic sealants theres a million of them out there and some are better than others of curse but they also vary in what they offer between looks and longevity
alot has to come down to what your budget and expectations are. also how much work you want to put in as some will require extra steps to get the best from them.
there is also paste, liquid, and spray versions again each has there pros and cons also depending on what you are looking to get out of them. also being black anything you do get try to be out of direct sunlight and have the panels be cool to save some stress
^^^ 100% ^^^

Dallas native here - I can't speak highly enough about the product line from a company called DPC - Dallas Paint Correction - https://dpcdetailing.com/shop-all/

They make a line of professional grade ceramic coatings that very easy to install. If ceramic coatings are too much of a stretch for you to install, the TR8 Titanium Sealant has amazing water beading properties.

I've got DPC T6+ ceramic coating with TR8 as my topper on both of my vehicles and will be putting DPC TMR on my 2022 Laramie once it arrives.

So far I've tried The Last Coat (second version) and Nexgen. Both are good on the Patriot Blue paint with the Last Coat stretching a little further in terms of uses per bottle. The finish of the Nexgen seems to be superior though and both are easy to apply. Just make sure you due the isopropyl alcohol wipe before for maximum adhesion & longevity.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Griot's Garage 3-1 Ceramic wax. Still going strong at 11 months.

Adam’s Polishes CS3 will outlast any carnauba wax or any paste wax…. Wax melts and evaporates at 140° which a black vehicle can easily reach in the hot sun, using a pH neutral car shampoo you can use cs3 every wash as a drying aid and it will never build up itlll
Just shine and bead like a coating .. plus just like a coating a sealant like cs3 is self cleaning

I own a detail shop and wax is dead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back