5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Tactical Flashlight to Keep in Truck

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm creating an emergency kit/bug-out bag to keep in my truck and need to find a good tactical flashlight for it. I'm trying to decide if I should go with rechargeable or conventional batteries. I see that the brightest lights are rechargeable but I'd like to not have to remember to recharge my flashlight every so often. I'm leaning towards being able to keep it with a spare pack of batteries in my bag. I want one that has a minimum 1000 lumens. Anything I've overlooked? What type of light does everyone have? Thoughts and suggestions are appreciated.

For that, I would pick a light that will take conventional batteries and then put a pack of fresh, unopened batteries in the bag with it (in a waterproof bag or case). Modern non-rechargeable batteries have years-long shelf lives. But, you could swap out the pack once a year for a new pack and then use the older ones for something else, if you wanted to.

The main thing is, whatever you go with, don't leave the batteries in the light. Eliminate any chance of a parasitic draw draining them or battery leakage ruining your light.

This all different than having a "ready" light in your truck for random ad hoc usage - but that's not what you asked about.

Ratchet

Reaction score
I wanna know more about the jar....lol
We do not talk about jar club.

Pretty big fan of Streamlights. Picked up a couple of the Stinger 2020 models. Great light output and also has a low and strobe mode. Strobe is strong enough to give someone a mild seizure at a decent range. Mounted the vehicle charging base in the rear of the center console to hide the wiring. Stays out of the way until I need it. Also have one mounted in the camper and the house. That way I've always got one sitting on go.

Same as Mountain Whisky...... I also keep a multi mode headlamp handy in case I gotta hunker down or thump some zombies.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I spend WAY too much time here :)
Yeah I have a friend who has flashlights everywhere, always getting newer fancier ones. Kinda like the friend with guns. I can't even sit on his couch without pulling out a pistol or two from the cushions. Whatever makes them happy enough to not veer any further into the crazy.

dieldrin

Reaction score
Just get a usb chargeable with an extra battery to swap out of your bug out bag every few months and you'll always be ready.
These guys make awesome lights, I own a few for assorted purposes.
They have a flashlight for everything Just decide the size and the brightness and you'll find it here.

SealTeamFive

Reaction score
Yeah I have a friend who has flashlights everywhere, always getting newer fancier ones. Kinda like the friend with guns. I can't even sit on his couch without pulling out a pistol or two from the cushions. Whatever makes them happy enough to not veer any further into the crazy.
yeah I have about a dozen. some are hot rods, but I'll never go dark :) Most of those subreddits are just dangerous to those who treat them as hobbies. Fountain pens, flashlights, guns, knives, cars, Magic: The Gathering, Pokemon, and a thousand other things out there to tempt you to buy

eerattler

Reaction score
I have a bunch of these in various kits in my house and one in my truck. Does the job I need it to do. Also a big fan of Streamlight.

Bundle: Fenix PD35 v3.0 1700 Lumen Tactical Flashlight with Two ARB-L18-2600Us and LumenTac Organizer https://a.co/d/06DnxrM

Users who are viewing this thread