5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best size wheels for Rebel Air suspension

Smartmo5

Reaction score
Hi Guys
So i want to upgrade my Rebel wheels
Am not sure the best size to fit with no issues
Should i get 20 or 22

My usage is for city driving am not planning for heavy offroad driving
Any recommendation
I like black wheels like 4play and fuel 27601 27602 27603

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi Guys
So i want to upgrade my Rebel wheels
Am not sure the best size to fit with no issues
Should i get 20 or 22

My usage is for city driving am not planning for heavy offroad driving
Any recommendation
I like black wheels like 4play and fuel View attachment 27601 View attachment 27602 View attachment 27603
Fuel 18x9 +1 if you want to stay with OEM 18" Goodyear Duratracs These are Fuel Hardline but several styles available IMG_3292.JPG IMG_3294.JPG IMG_2787.jpg IMG_3291.JPG in same diameter and width. You gain an inch in width from stock and tires move out about an inch and line up perfect with factory running boards. Wheels with rivots, etc around perimeter appear larger diameter than they actually are.

Smartmo5

Reaction score
Fuel 18x9 +1 if you want to stay with OEM 18" Goodyear Duratracs These are Fuel Hardline but several styles available View attachment 27660 View attachment 27661 View attachment 27662 View attachment 27663 in same diameter and width. You gain an inch in width from stock and tires move out about an inch and line up perfect with factory running boards. Wheels with rivots, etc around perimeter appear larger diameter than they actually are.
Hi
Thats very nice setup
I wanna go 22 or 20

BigSkyJK

Reaction score
Fuel 18x9 +1 if you want to stay with OEM 18" Goodyear Duratracs These are Fuel Hardline but several styles available View attachment 27660 View attachment 27661 View attachment 27662 View attachment 27663 in same diameter and width. You gain an inch in width from stock and tires move out about an inch and line up perfect with factory running boards. Wheels with rivots, etc around perimeter appear larger diameter than they actually are.
Very nice Jhill, did the Fuel wheels come with hub centric rings? 2ndly, your Rebel appears level in the pic and I see from the vehicle profile you too have air suspension, did you add some kind of leveling kit? I just got mine monday. Thanks.

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Very nice Jhill, did the Fuel wheels come with hub centric rings? 2ndly, your Rebel appears level in the pic and I see from the vehicle profile you too have air suspension, did you add some kind of leveling kit? I just got mine monday. Thanks.
Thanks and congrats!!! I had a local independent tire/wheel shop that has killer prices order and install them so I am not sure about the hub centric rings. I know his out the door mounted and balanced price including lug nuts was $900 which is better than internet. And I sold factory Rebel wheels for $500 on forum. My air suspension is all stock and is higher in back then front actually. You can change out the factory fixed links at each corner with adjustable ones (that regulates height) and can level out truck somewhat without getting faults. I have read that some members raised front a little and lowered rear a little to get close to level and not make ride harsh or get errors from computer. I added several pics.....the one with white bags in bed is overloaded with 50 bags of 40# each wood pellets (full ton!) for pellet stove.....the others are unloaded normal height and last one is the entry/exit gangster look mode

Attachments

• IMG_2988.jpg
    IMG_2988.jpg
    233.7 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_2719.jpg
    IMG_2719.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_2787.jpg
    IMG_2787.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_2622.jpg
    IMG_2622.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 56

BigSkyJK

Reaction score
Thanks and congrats!!! I had a local independent tire/wheel shop that has killer prices order and install them so I am not sure about the hub centric rings. I know his out the door mounted and balanced price including lug nuts was $900 which is better than internet. And I sold factory Rebel wheels for $500 on forum. My air suspension is all stock and is higher in back then front actually. You can change out the factory fixed links at each corner with adjustable ones (that regulates height) and can level out truck somewhat without getting faults. I have read that some members raised front a little and lowered rear a little to get close to level and not make ride harsh or get errors from computer. I added several pics.....the one with white bags in bed is overloaded with 50 bags of 40# each wood pellets (full ton!) for pellet stove.....the others are unloaded normal height and last one is the entry/exit gangster look mode
Thanks for the info J.

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the info J.
I included some pictures of application spec sheet. The lugs are conical so I think they center the wheel as opposed to the hub centering them like Subaru's, etc. I could be wrong. There are several style Fuel wheel in that 18"x9" +1 that fit Rebels perfectly with OEM Duratracs. Check out pics below.

Attachments

• IMG_3181.jpg
    IMG_3181.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_3179.jpg
    IMG_3179.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_3180.jpg
    IMG_3180.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 17

BigSkyJK

Reaction score
I included some pictures of application spec sheet. The lugs are conical so I think they center the wheel as opposed to the hub centering them like Subaru's, etc. I could be wrong. There are several style Fuel wheel in that 18"x9" +1 that fit Rebels perfectly with OEM Duratracs. Check out pics below.
Thanks. So far I'm taking my cue from you and 19Jake. I'll purchase some Fuel Vapors, 18x9, +1 this weekend to install on the stock Duratracs. I have some oem Mopar splash guards on the way (talked myself out of getting the Gatorbacks) after seeing how clean they look on the 2 Rebels.

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks. So far I'm taking my cue from you and 19Jake. I'll purchase some Fuel Vapors, 18x9, +1 this weekend to install on the stock Duratracs. I have some oem Mopar splash guards on the way (talked myself out of getting the Gatorbacks) after seeing how clean they look on the 2 Rebels.
You will be happy. I have those same Mopar splash guards and you will need to trim some off inside of front flares as they will rub with steering turned. It is beyond their mounting hardware and only need to trim part of the double wall closest to tire. Get new wheels mounted on truck and hold up flares in place and you will see area of rubbing with tires turned. I bought cheap cut off saw (3" round blade) from Harbor Freight to trim front flares before screwing them in place. If you need picture of mine just let me know. I added a couple old pics but doesn't show very well.

Attachments

• IMG_3295.JPG
    IMG_3295.JPG
    117.4 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3292.JPG
    IMG_3292.JPG
    150.6 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread