5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Power Steps/Running boards: Westin Pro-E, AMP, Rough Country ?

Aggiect01

Reaction score
I have a 2024 Ram 1500 limited and purchased it without running boards. I would like to add power steps and have only owned AMP brand in the past (2016 Ram 2500). Does anyone have real world experience in the pros and cons of each brand?
I know AMP are the most expensive but are they with the $?

I do not have any real-world experience but I have studied all of them and will be purchasing the Amp Research steps for my 21 Laramie. It is the only plug and play design that I could find on the market the others all utilized a magnetic door switch that had to be routed and mounted with visible switches and cables. I really wanted the factory look, and Amp is actually what the oem steps are on the higher trim levels.

I do not have any real-world experience but I have studied all of them and will be purchasing the Amp Research steps for my 21 Laramie. It is the only plug and play design that I could find on the market the others all utilized a magnetic door switch that had to be routed and mounted with visible switches and cables. I really wanted the factory look, and Amp is actually what the oem steps are on the higher trim levels.
AMP does not manufacture the power steps for Ram. This was proven when some members of the forum emailed AMP directly and the company verified they do not. The steps do looks similar but once your get underneath the truck you can tell they are vastly different.

I decided to go with OEM TRX off-road running boards. I bought them today off of Facebook marketplace for $400 and they look great.

Attachments

• IMG_1900.jpeg
    IMG_1900.jpeg
    343.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1903.jpeg
    IMG_1903.jpeg
    235.9 KB · Views: 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back