5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best/honest Ram dealer in Texas

jwil320

Reaction score
Hey all,

New to the forums and about to me a new Ram owner. I'm looking at the Ram 1500 Laramie night edition 4x4 either buying a 2020 off the lot or ordering a 2021. Curious to see if it matters what dealership I go through. I know all dealerships have there little games they play but is there a dealership any of you can recommend in Texas? I'm in the DFW area but willing to travel for a good price. All the local dealerships don't want to budge on price, they are all acting like they are a non negotiable dealership which is quite frustrating but I have the time to play the game if it has to be that way. I'm kind of more excited about ordering one than just picking one of the lot honestly. Any input is greatly appreciated.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hey all,

New to the forums and about to me a new Ram owner. I'm looking at the Ram 1500 Laramie night edition 4x4 either buying a 2020 off the lot or ordering a 2021. Curious to see if it matters what dealership I go through. I know all dealerships have there little games they play but is there a dealership any of you can recommend in Texas? I'm in the DFW area but willing to travel for a good price. All the local dealerships don't want to budge on price, they are all acting like they are a non negotiable dealership which is quite frustrating but I have the time to play the game if it has to be that way. I'm kind of more excited about ordering one than just picking one of the lot honestly. Any input is greatly appreciated.
I ordered from Moritz in Fort Worth in May 2018. They did just a hair better than our supplier discount (1% below invoice) on our order.

Later, I ran over to Don Davis in Arlington. They took delivery of the first eTorque-equipped HEMI in the area (one of the first in the country), and I did the first ever road test of the system for this site. They were awesome to work with, and I learned they would have done slightly better (maybe $500) on my factory order.

YMMV, but good luck!

ProZak512

Reaction score
Nyle Maxwell CDJR of Austin is good people. I bought mine used, so it’s not a perfect data point for you, but they were easy to work with and negotiated to what my wife decided was a fair price. As ferocious a deal maker as she is, that’s really saying something.

Good luck!

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nyle Maxwell CDJR of Austin is good people. I bought mine used, so it’s not a perfect data point for you, but they were easy to work with and negotiated to what my wife decided was a fair price. As ferocious a deal maker as she is, that’s really saying something.

Good luck!
I also bought my truck from Nyle Maxwell CDJR in North Austin. They gave me about 18% off MSRP back in March of 2019, which was pretty fair. Pretty easy to deal with too.

Drewster

Reaction score
I got a great deal but really hated our salesperson at Nyle Maxwell CDJR in Austin off 45. Johnnie Vance was who we were directed to since it was online, but she mislead us on price, talked down to me after she offered to answer questions we had - just an absolutely terrible experience.

If you absolutely must go with that dealer, be sure they don't bait and switch you (make sure your price in finance matches the price you saw in sales - write it down), and don't use Johnnie.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I got a great deal but really hated our salesperson at Nyle Maxwell CDJR in Austin off 45. Johnnie Vance was who we were directed to since it was online, but she mislead us on price, talked down to me after she offered to answer questions we had - just an absolutely terrible experience.

If you absolutely must go with that dealer, be sure they don't bait and switch you (make sure your price in finance matches the price you saw in sales - write it down), and don't use Johnnie.
I had a similar experience with their GMC group, but I didn’t know whether it translated to the CJDR side.

Users who are viewing this thread