5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Console Safe Option?

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sure if your James Bond lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m also weighing my options. Price not an issue. Keypad seems more convenient, key keeps it accessible by key holder alone - both with their pro’s & con’s.

For those of you that have had both the Tuffy & the Lock ‘er down - why did you like one over the other? I’m almost thinking of using both, the keypad in the front & the Tuffy in the rear of the center console & hopefully that still gives full sliding function of the cup holder area.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lockerdown w/ keypad ftw… one less key to have to worry about.. don’t give the code away and you don’t have to worry about someone else knowing it as well…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I saw the Exxtreme console safe also.

The in floor one looks like another good option for extras.

Sometimes I get sick of having to remember numbers so much. Between work & personal things there’s so many 4-6 digit codes & passwords. The garage, there’s 2 others for our mailbox system depending on if we get a package or not. I don’t mind one extra key, plus I already have them for the tonneau cover & rack. I figure if I get both I can figure it out but always like to hear opinions.

SPyKER

Reaction score
I have a Lock'er down with the keypad but you are not going to be Quick Draw McGraw if you need your iron.

Unhook your seatbelt, twist around in your seat, slide the cupholder forward, open console, type in the combination, twist knob, draw your iron.

Best of luck doing all of this at 70 MPH.
I have this one. Unlock it before getting in (easier to unlock without sitting). I can lift the cover and get to it fast (sometimes leave to console up). Then I lock it if I'm stopping somewhere I can't carry. And empty it every night just in case. This is really just a door over a space.

Users who are viewing this thread