5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best cleaner & conditioner for WeatherTech floormats?

bigoldthor

Reaction score
I've had several sets of these in past trucks, but I've not yet found the "perfect" cleaner and conditioner for them. As you know, they tend to be a bit slicker than OEM and some other brands. They're very durable and look great when they're clean, but I'd like to find a cleaner that doesn't make them any slicker than they already are. Want them to look nicely cleaned and conditioned when done, so nothing to abrasive either.

Also something good at removing plain old dirt...not oil, crease, etc...just dirt. Of course I can spray them down and use soap and water, but I'd like to find something relatively quick and easy between deeper cleans.

What has everyone used? I'm kind of lazy ;) so I'd prefer a combined cleaner and conditioner, but if there isn't a good one, I guess I'll suck it up and use two different products.

I've had several sets of these in past trucks, but I've not yet found the "perfect" cleaner and conditioner for them. As you know, they tend to be a bit slicker than OEM and some other brands. They're very durable and look great when they're clean, but I'd like to find a cleaner that doesn't make them any slicker than they already are. Want them to look nicely cleaned and conditioned when done, so nothing to abrasive either.

Also something good at removing plain old dirt...not oil, crease, etc...just dirt. Of course I can spray them down and use soap and water, but I'd like to find something relatively quick and easy between deeper cleans.

What has everyone used? I'm kind of lazy ;) so I'd prefer a combined cleaner and conditioner, but if there isn't a good one, I guess I'll suck it up and use two different products.
Floor mats CONDITIONER??

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

The Weathertechs will never look as good as when they were new. I would recommend a medium bristle brush and a mild degreaser. I’ve had decent luck using a little bit of dawn soap with some warm water. Agitate throughly and rinse off. Using a pressure washer may help better than a garden hose.

As far as keeping that new dark black clean look, it can be challenging because you don’t want to use something that’ll make ur feet slip all around especially when driving. Some plastic trim products or even a little bit of baby oil would prolly work but again makes things very slippery.

I would just get the factory RAM all-weather mats that come on the 5th gens. They’re edge to edge like the Weathertechs but they look and clean up way better in my opinion.

I sprayed mine with 303 2 wks ago. Maybe it's all in my head but I feel like their staying a little cleaner.

I've always just used Simple Green and a bristle brush every few weeks and then hose them off and let them air dry before putting them back in the truck. Been doing this for all my other trucks with all weather rubber mats. Usually clean them and set them to dry while I vac and wipe down the interior. Never put any type of protectant on them like Armorall or similar because it makes them slippery.

I keep a lithuim battery dustbuster charging off the inverter circuit under the rear seats. frequent clean up has been the name of the game for me to date.

"LA's Totally Awesome" is a great all around cleaner, and it's super inexpensive. Been using it for decades. Dollar Tree and Dollar General carry it, and Dollar Tree has the large refill size; for 1.00.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back