5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best all terrain tire for every day driving.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes they are LT tires. And they did cause a hit with MPG’s. But I drive a hemi, with 3.92’s and wanted bigger tires. The trade off is gas mileage. I drove myself crazy trying to find the magic tire that looked good, performed well, and was also bigger and meatier without losing MPG. It simply doesn’t exist. So I found the happy median and changed my dash layout so it no longer shows MPG’s🤷🏼‍♂️🤣. Problem solved.

JRD

Reaction score
I just replaced the OEM Wildpeak AT3WA tires on my truck with new 275/60R20 AT3W Wildpeaks. Just as quiet and smooth riding as the OEM tires but much more capable and better looking. View attachment 148983
How do you like the falken tires after running them for a year? I’ve read they get louder overtime, is that your experience as well?

Steele713

Reaction score
I got the recon grapplers. A very quiet tire on the road and ride quality didn't suffer, but I also went with a 34" 4ply for less weight and less stiffness due to not going off road. Very happy with them and a 60k tread warranty.

Attachments

• 20230827_074632.jpg
    20230827_074632.jpg
    311.4 KB · Views: 78

Black19

Reaction score
I got the recon grapplers. A very quiet tire on the road and ride quality didn't suffer, but I also went with a 34" 4ply for less weight and less stiffness due to not going off road. Very happy with them and a 60k tread warranty.
I was looking at those, scared they will not be good in the rain. Let me know how they do in the rain.

GrumpyOleMan

Reaction score
I have about 15 k on a set of Falken AT3W's and I am very please with them. They perform very well in wet and snow. They are a little, I mean very little, louder than the tires that came on the truck when I bought it but certainly not obnoxious. In fact, the vast majority of the time, I don't notice it at all.

JRD

Reaction score
I have about 15 k on a set of Falken AT3W's and I am very please with them. They perform very well in wet and snow. They are a little, I mean very little, louder than the tires that came on the truck when I bought it but certainly not obnoxious. In fact, the vast majority of the time, I don't notice it at all.
I think this seals the deal for me, I’ll be going with the Falken over the KO2’s. I had read some people say the Falken got louder over time but hearing your experience makes me feel a lot better.

SShadow1974

Reaction score
These videos give good information. I'm leaning towards the Falken Wildpeaks based on it. Just trying to figure out what size to get for my stock tires & rims. So many threads with conflicting information... Trying to filter out ORP, Air Suspension, leveled, not leveled. There was a post where someone was going to just list out the various options, but it was never filled out.

AT Tires 1
AT Tires 2

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
These videos give good information. I'm leaning towards the Falken Wildpeaks based on it. Just trying to figure out what size to get for my stock tires & rims. So many threads with conflicting information... Trying to filter out ORP, Air Suspension, leveled, not leveled. There was a post where someone was going to just list out the various options, but it was never filled out.

AT Tires 1
AT Tires 2
I didn't know Conner mcgregor reviewed tires lol

JOzzz

Reaction score
How do you like the falken tires after running them for a year? I’ve read they get louder overtime, is that your experience as well?

Mine did. Still like them but they are definitely louder at about 40% tread remaining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steele713

Reaction score
I was looking at those, scared they will not be good in the rain. Let me know how they do in the rain.
I am in Florida and I don't feel they are bad in the rain. Slip when I take off a bit hard in the rain, but I do have 3.92 gears

1923bob

Reaction score
Yes they are LT tires. And they did cause a hit with MPG’s. But I drive a hemi, with 3.92’s and wanted bigger tires. The trade off is gas mileage. I drove myself crazy trying to find the magic tire that looked good, performed well, and was also bigger and meatier without losing MPG. It simply doesn’t exist. So I found the happy median and changed my dash layout so it no longer shows MPG’s🤷🏼‍♂️🤣. Problem solved.
Good idea not showing MPG's I went with 33x12.50x22 on stock rim's

MarvsAMartian

Reaction score
I think this seals the deal for me, I’ll be going with the Falken over the KO2’s. I had read some people say the Falken got louder over time but hearing your experience makes me feel a lot better.
If you're comparing the Falkens to stock, they are noticeably louder. I have a Borla catback on my truck and you can hear it much clearer when I have my stock (summer) setup. Mine came with the Perelli Scorpions. I don't know about it getting louder over time but it isn't as quiet as some would have you believe. Not bad, but you do notice it.

JRD

Reaction score
If you're comparing the Falkens to stock, they are noticeably louder. I have a Borla catback on my truck and you can hear it much clearer when I have my stock (summer) setup. Mine came with the Perelli Scorpions. I don't know about it getting louder over time but it isn't as quiet as some would have you believe. Not bad, but you do notice it.
Unfortunately it seems like everyone gives different opinions, I’m just going to have to pull the trigger and it is what it is.

I was torn between the BFG KO2 & Falkens, and started leaning towards the Falkens because everyone made them seem barely louder than stock but who really knows. I’m back leaning towards the ko2 again

Users who are viewing this thread