5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best 2019 Half-Ton for Towing (TFL Truck video Dec. 31, 2018))

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
https://www.tfltruck.com/2018/12/ford-gm-ram-best-towing-truck-ike-gauntlet/

They preferred the 2019 Ram 1500 across the board.

The F150 with 3.5 L twin-turbo Ecoboost was fastest up the hill by 10 seconds over the Ram (2% faster), but The Ram got a whopping 42% better fuel economy up the grade than the F150 (according to the vehicles' on-board fuel-economy readouts, which these days are usually reasonably consistent). The GMC Sierra 1500 finished between the F150 and the Ram 1500, in terms of performance and fuel economy. Each towed the same 9100-pound horse trailer.

Another good showing by the 2019 Ram 1500 DT.

Kamikaze6780

Reaction score
I am not really fond of the guys on tfl. Their powerwagon offroading video was so sloppy and they purposely fudged the offroading part with the powerwagon to give both nods ford and Chevy. Lots of YouTube videos do this to had their wallets

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am not really fond of the guys on tfl. Their powerwagon offroading video was so sloppy and they purposely fudged the offroading part with the powerwagon to give both nods ford and Chevy. Lots of YouTube videos do this to had their wallets

No person or website is 100% right all of the time, but I think overall the TFL Truck people do provide a lot of very solid, real-world info that one can use to compare pickup trucks. Their "Ike gauntlet" test runs are as consistent as one can reasonably get - not perfect like Motor-Trend-style heavily instrumented testing, but still a lot of good, real-world info & insights that other vehicle-testing websites don't provide. Like each website, TFL Truck contributes just a bit more data to stir into the pot as one analyzes & compares vehicles.

Kamikaze6780

Reaction score
If they screw up a couple of things how I know they are not doing this all the time. I like watching them but I usually get a good laugh when they spin things.

Users who are viewing this thread