5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Behavior - Where does UConnect stop and Android auto take over?

CNC_Geek

Reaction score
Fairly new to the Ram and Uconnect. I'm having difficulty knowing who's settings are responsible for which features and behaviors. Some are obvious like climate control others like which audio source starts up , and why does it change between bluetooth or USB cable. If I want control over something or a new feature who do I address? Thanks

conesmacker

Reaction score
When you've bluetooth connected the phone to Uconnect, you're in the Uconnect environment and using its phone and audio features.

on 2020s (and I think 2019s) Android Auto only functions when one has a data USB cable between the phone to the Uconnect.

On my Moto Z3 with usb cable connection, there is sometimes a 5-10 second wait until I see on the 8.4 non-nav screen that the "phone" icon on the low row/home row turns into the "Android Auto" (AA) icon. Sometimes, the phone stays in AA, and I touch the map function on the screen - then the 8.4 screen finally shows the AA icon, and the phone goes back to the normal android screen.

All functions on the 8.4 that aren't through the AA icon/button are pure Uconnect. AA functions are only when you've touched the AA icon to go in the AA environment, but I can seen how one may get confused, as the AA home screen, AA map screen, AA phone screen, various AA compatible apps, etc all look a little different.

The Uconnect low row/home row stays active when you're in an AA environment/screen, and touching any of the other low/home row icons takes one out of AA and back into Uconnect functions.

Users who are viewing this thread