5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bedrug and bed lights

TomsTRX

Reaction score
Hello everyone. One of my first mods I made to my truck was adding a Bedrug to the pickup box. With these old knees, I needed something softer than a spray in bedliner. One thing I couldnt figure out is how to trim the material so it would look good around the bed light. All the videos I watched on installing it never showed what to do around the light. Most just trimmed around it and left a ragged edge. I read some people removed the light and tucked the excess material behind it and then reinstalled the light. I never thought that the ragged edge would look good and it seems the material is too thick to put behind the light. Plus the less I have to take my truck apart, the happier I am. So I decided to design and install a trim ring that attaches with double sided tape and has a groove so the Bedrug material would tuck into. So I installed it today and I wanted everone's opinion on it. Would there be interest for it if I placed it on eBay and what color does everyone think would look better? The one I made is gray but I also thought about offering it in black as well. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks.
Oh BTW I dont know if it matters but my truck is a 2024 TRX. I think the bed lights are the same in all of the Ram DT trucks but I am not 100% sure.

Attachments

• 20241020_130446.jpg
    20241020_130446.jpg
    295.1 KB · Views: 32
I would definitely buy a set. I think black would look best IMHO.
I was thinking the same thing so I just made one and I thought I would add a picture to see what everyone thinks. Thanks Unsafe

Hello everyone. One of my first mods I made to my truck was adding a Bedrug to the pickup box. With these old knees, I needed something softer than a spray in bedliner. One thing I couldnt figure out is how to trim the material so it would look good around the bed light. All the videos I watched on installing it never showed what to do around the light. Most just trimmed around it and left a ragged edge. I read some people removed the light and tucked the excess material behind it and then reinstalled the light. I never thought that the ragged edge would look good and it seems the material is too thick to put behind the light. Plus the less I have to take my truck apart, the happier I am. So I decided to design and install a trim ring that attaches with double sided tape and has a groove so the Bedrug material would tuck into. So I installed it today and I wanted everone's opinion on it. Would there be interest for it if I placed it on eBay and what color does everyone think would look better? The one I made is gray but I also thought about offering it in black as well. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks.
Oh BTW I dont know if it matters but my truck is a 2024 TRX. I think the bed lights are the same in all of the Ram DT trucks but I am not 100% sure.
THATS A GREAT PRODUCT YOU THOUGHT UP! HOW HARD IS IT TO TAKE THE BED LIGHTS OUT MINE HAS 2 LED CHIPS OUT AND I NEED TO REPLACE IT?!

Looks good. I don't have the bed lightsz so wouldn't need it, but BedRug is awesome.

THATS A GREAT PRODUCT YOU THOUGHT UP! HOW HARD IS IT TO TAKE THE BED LIGHTS OUT MINE HAS 2 LED CHIPS OUT AND I NEED TO REPLACE IT?!
I have no idea how to take the lights out. I was too scared to try because I was afraid I would break something so I made this to fit around the light and is attached to the bedside with double sided tape.

So here it is in black. I think it looks better than the dark gray I first used. I was going to try a darker gray but the place I buy from only has this and a lighter gray. So thank you Unsafe for your suggestion.

Attachments

• 20241021_174415.jpg
    20241021_174415.jpg
    272.3 KB · Views: 9
So here it is in black. I think it looks better than the dark gray I first used. I was going to try a darker gray but the place I buy from only has this and a lighter gray. So thank you Unsafe for your suggestion.
My Bed Rug should arrive this week. I’m in no hurry to install it. Looking forward to getting a set of your surrounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back