5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bedliners (BedRug) Bed Rust

ksaldutti

Reaction score
BedRug) A specific brand called (BedRug) is a kind of pickup truck bedliner and mat truck bed deck liner in a few configurations. The brand is also found for some factory trucks as an option or from factor dealers and their parts departments as an accessory option, for example DODGE BedRug or RAM BedRug stitched in the material. I’ve used this product in two pickup trucks and its well worth the modest cost. Easy installation custom designed or made for your specific brand and model pickup truck with all optional truck manufacture bed sizes. Question has popped up online especially in product forums about all pickup truck bedliners and rust. Well, first spray in bedliners either factory or after market are actually a rust deterrent unless the spray in bedliner dealer had perform an incorrect or just a (bad) installation and that is rare. Drop in molded plastic bedliners have been well known to trap moisture causing pickup bed deck rust and even side wall rust. A BedRug installation will also trap moisture if water gets under the BedRug bedliner. Though water will not penetrate the BedRug water can still get under the liner. My first pickup truck with a BedRug bedliner was install directly onto the factory steel painted bed and rust through damage to the factory truck painted steel bed had happened over time. Others have mentioned the same. Understand the BedRug bedliner brand is an amazing product for several reasons. For one crawling on your knees on the usually hard factory truck steel bed deck with bolts etc. is a horrible experience. The real saving grace is loading items you don’t want scratched or damaged in your truck bed as the BedRug bedliner will save your items of this situation. The BedRug bedliner is extremely durable and can be washed down with a garden hose or even a pressure washer and soaps etc. My second pickup truck I had a spray in bedliner that prevent water or even trapped moisture from causing bed deck rust. So, the combination of a spray in bedliner and a BedRug bedliner is the perfect combination.

Users who are viewing this thread