5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed/tailgate liners in a leased Ram

JenFid

Reaction score
Hi all - as I am leasing my 1500 Bighorn, I am wary of putting anything in it that requires drilling extra holes beyond what's already on the truck, and along the same lines I'm trying to avoid spending a ton on accessories (aka spray in liners or the Mopar drop in) since I don't know 100% if I'll be buying out at the end of the lease.

I purchased a simple rubber bed liner and a universal tailgate mat. My issue with the tailgate mat is it has way more drill holes in it than the tailgate has itself (https://www.amazon.com/Dee-Zee-DZ86700-Heavyweight-Tailgate/dp/B000CIY0U6). I considered buying the OEM/Mopar tailgate liner but am having trouble finding the option/part # for just that without also including the whole bed liner.

Any suggestions for the tailgate?

pasteris71

Reaction score
Hi all - as I am leasing my 1500 Bighorn, I am wary of putting anything in it that requires drilling extra holes beyond what's already on the truck, and along the same lines I'm trying to avoid spending a ton on accessories (aka spray in liners or the Mopar drop in) since I don't know 100% if I'll be buying out at the end of the lease.

I purchased a simple rubber bed liner and a universal tailgate mat. My issue with the tailgate mat is it has way more drill holes in it than the tailgate has itself (https://www.amazon.com/Dee-Zee-DZ86700-Heavyweight-Tailgate/dp/B000CIY0U6). I considered buying the OEM/Mopar tailgate liner but am having trouble finding the option/part # for just that without also including the whole bed liner.

Any suggestions for the tailgate?

I actually just bought a Pendaliner for mine. It was $249 for the bed and tailgate.

RedRocketZ28

Reaction score
I put a Rugged Liner in mine. It was $220 installed from a local shop. The fit is decent and it will serve it's purpose. If mine wasn't leased I would have gone with a spray in.

ruggedliner.com/truck-trailer-bedliners/truck-trailer-bedlinerspremium-netpocket-bedliner/

Users who are viewing this thread