5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed Step Question

DanD

Reaction score
So I was looking up Mopar bed step on eBay on Friday. I thought I found one for a great deal so I jumped on it right away because I was on a plane getting ready to take off. I didn’t even look at the part number lol. So the one I bought says it’s part number 82215289AF. But when I looked it up I saw I need 82215289AG. But also says it replaces the AF. So should this fit ok?
2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn

FailGrenade

Reaction score
Youll probably be ok. the move up in a letter is a "supersedence" as we call it in dealer terms and just means they changed something. could be anything from a new screw torque spec the a different material change but itll still be designed the same

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As FailGrenade said, you'ii be OK. When I ordered mine, the dealer used 82215289AF but when it arrived it was 822152898AG. Fits and works well.

DanD

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I was thinking I’ll have to put it up for sale cause I bought the wrong one lol

Users who are viewing this thread