5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed Rug Full Liner vs. Line-x Bed Coating..

Talpa

Reaction score
Pros and cons on both. Any information would be appreciated. Ty!

Teamcook

Reaction score
I have the bed rug in my 2019, had line-x in my 2018, and wife has line-x in her Silverado - she prefers the line-x (open bed), and I prefer the bed rug (full hard tonneau) - for me, with the tonneau cover, it's like having a full trunk, and I love it - if the bed was open (even though they say it's fine), I'd probably tend towards the line-x.

The ONLY issue I've had with the bed rug is that the adhesive wants to release a bit off the tailgate - so far it hasn't been an issue, but eventually I'll have to add some adhesive to it. I'd still choose it every day of the week, and twice on Sunday. It's SO much easier on my knees. We use my truck for travel, and I use the rear like a "trunk", and it's awesome.

Wife loves the line-x - super durable, and it continues to look great, zero maintenance, etc. Nothing bad to say about it, except that if you have to crawl up in the bed, I'd throw a blanket down or put on knee pads. Excellent traction for your load, or if you're walking around in the back. For bringing stuff home from home depot, or just looking good empty, it can't be beat, and it's awesome.

Bottom line - I don't think you can go wrong with either - I'd choose based on how you're going to use it. I probably would choose the bed rug with a cover, but if I couldn't do a cover because of how I use the truck, I'd go with line-x.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Pressgrove

Reaction score
My experiences and opinions are similar to Teamcook.

My last truck had Line-X. After 15 years with no cover, it still looked great. All I ever did was hose it out.

When I got the Ram, I was 100% sure I was getting Line-X again.... until I joined this forum and read about the Bedrug. I decided to take a chance, thinking it was reversible, and I could potentially sell the Bedrug if I didn't like it.

Fast-forward 8-9 months, and I would absolutely get the Bedrug again. Mind you, I have a hard tonneau (Lomax) over it, but I absolutely love the thing. To be fair, I no longer use my truck as a truck, but would still strongly consider it even if I did. It's soft on the knees, and it does a surprisingly good job at keeping things from sliding around without marking them up (as my Line-X did on a few occasions). My only complaint is that the bedside part of the cover could fit a little better IMO, but the installation (by me) might contribute a bit to that.

Dave07

Reaction score
I have had both, I would say it depends on the use of your truck.

My only complaint about the bed rug is it holds fines (2A dust) and mulch. I built my paver patio and my bed rug saw multiple pallets, loads of stone, and loads of sand. Looked brand new after washing it. I could probably wash the bed rug today and still get some fines and sand out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Klute

Reaction score
Never had a rug, but had a rubber-type mat (like 30 years ago) and moisture collected under and caused rust issues. I would have the same concern for a rug. But if it is covered it should not be a real problem.

Users who are viewing this thread