5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed rail guards and tonneau covers

ciaka

Reaction score
I have 2019 ram 1500 lone star.
Short bed.
The bed rail guards that came with the truck have some scuffs on them. Sides and some on tailgate too.
I am also thinking to get a bed cover, tonneau, maybe trifold soft or hard (still no idea what's goid).

However, my question is, do 8 need to have bed rail guards before I get bed cover, or does the cover come with bed rail guards that will secure the cover to the bed rails and tailgate? Thanks for help.

PatriotLonghorn

Reaction score
I replaced the bed rail caps when I replaced the tonneau. Ordered them through ebay and the tonneau through real truck. Tailgate is not easy to replace (I have the multi-function one).

BlueHemi1500

Reaction score
Welcome! :) You will learn lots and spend lots of your time reading. Lots of good information in these pages.
I have a 2020 with a 5.7 bed I have a tri-fold Trifeca 2.o by Extang bed cover. It seals very tightly. My plastic rail caps are not perfect. My cover came with everything needed to attach the cover to the truck. I would recommend 2 people to install and take off the cover to make sure it is square (helps keep water out). If your plastic caps are relatively smooth I would not change out your plastic bed caps. (this is a personal decision). My truck is Nused so it has a few battle scars. I got my cap on a Black Friday sale so it made it affordable. I think my cover was worth the extra dollars.

BlueHemi1500

Users who are viewing this thread