5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed MTB Bike Rack

Six_Swix

Reaction score
Curious if any of you folks might have a recommendation. I'm look for a bed rack. Not one that hangs off the back or on top of a hard top.

Cheers

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Interested in this as well!

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm interested to see what other's may have found as well. My RaceFace pad does not work for crap with this tailgate compared to my Titan. I love the design of the Ride88, but I don't know if I want to spend that much, and then have to spend even more if I want to bring along additional bikes.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Curious if any of you folks might have a recommendation. I'm look for a bed rack. Not one that hangs off the back or on top of a hard top.

Cheers

I went with the inno velo grippers on the side of the bed. Easy to put in, easy to remove and the screw in adjustable rubber ties are so simple to use on any bike size XS-XXL.

The drawback is only 2 bikes can be secured with these but they have D rings where you could squeeze in a third and possibly fourth bike between the other two.

Last edited:

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Made one out of 2x4s. It squeezes the tires using carriage bolts and wing nuts. View attachment 55408

I’ve been tossing ideas around in my head for a diy rack and trying to come up with one that’s secure and easy to use. That looks like a pretty slick set up, especially being able to pinch it down securely. I wonder if I can find some sort of lever to use in place of a wing nut which would allow you to set it for each size bike tire, then merely push down on a lever to cinch it up tight even faster.

RamLink83

Reaction score
I’ve been tossing ideas around in my head for a diy rack and trying to come up with one that’s secure and easy to use. That looks like a pretty slick set up, especially being able to pinch it down securely. I wonder if I can find some sort of lever to use in place of a wing nut which would allow you to set it for each size bike tire, then merely push down on a lever to cinch it up tight even faster.
Possibly could do a lever of some sort, but honestly you wouldn't need to. I only loosen it slightly when taking the bike out so it's only a few turns to tighten back up.

Atlantic Blue

Reaction score
I've always made them from a single 5 X 8(?) boards designed to fit in the bed side slots. I used front fork mounts attached to the "top" of the board.

Users who are viewing this thread