5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed light harness question

skyhawk42

Reaction score
When I did my bed lights I tapped into the 2 wires at the rear of the truck rather then running all the way to the bcm. Now I was reading that some are replacing the tail light jumper harnesses with 68488851AB and 68523847AA and then plugging in the bed lights. A friend has a ram with halogen taillights, will these harnesses work? The mopar diagram makes them look like they are for the led taillights. When I converted from halogen to led with blind spot I remember removing a wire, so I don’t want to get these harnesses and find out they are short 1 wire.

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I believe you will be good. It is sort of confusing because the part name is "jumper wiring" but the added harnesses don't actually connect to your taillight jumpers. Adding the required harnesses below should just incorporate the necessary wiring for the LED bed lights by replacing the harnesses under your truck that doesn't currently contain the proper wiring.

My truck was originally equipped with halogen taillights. I upgraded to LED taillights and then later added the jumper harnesses and completed the blind spot monitoring retrofit. All of my harness swaps and part changes along the way never presented any issue.

Again, just an educated guess here, but I do think it will be fine.

Part NumberPart NamePrice
68312566ABLift-Gate Lamp, Right$25.65
68618373AALift-Gate Lamp, Left$40.14
68488851ABJumper Wiring, Left$40.47
68523847AAJumper Wiring, Right$45.21

skyhawk42

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I already placed the order, so we will see how it goes.

Users who are viewing this thread