5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed Extender Mounts Missing?

nilsd

Reaction score
I have a short bed with Bed Utility Group and Ram Boxes. I was trying to figure out for the first time today how configure the Bed Divider into a Bed Extender. I saw nowhere to mount it on the inside of the bed near the tailgate, and with a little research determined that I think the factory might have forgotten to install two pairs of mounts inside the tailgate for the bed divider to attach to (screenshot attached is from the Mopar YouTube video for the 4th Gen Ram, which I assume must be similar to 5th Gen).

Before I call and complain I wanted to confirm with someone else who has the bed divider that they indeed have these mounts on their 5th Gen that allows the bed divider to be configured as an extender. I just have flat plastic caps over the holes where I believe these mounts should have been installed.

TIA
815350a40935be9964adce8db6053d37.jpg

rrroscoe

Reaction score
They did not forget, they are not included on the 19’s. Search the forum for 2018 part numbers. I had to buy them for mine.

nilsd

Reaction score
They did not forget, they are not included on the 19’s. Search the forum for 2018 part numbers. I had to buy them for mine.
Thanks for this. I searched before and didn't find anything on this topic for some reason. Now I see it's been discussed before. Sorry for another thread on it.

/Thread

rrroscoe

Reaction score
Thanks for this. I searched before and didn't find anything on this topic for some reason. Now I see it's been discussed before. Sorry for another thread on it.

/Thread
It threw me for a loop when I first got my Rebel. Not sure how long it took me to try and and get it to attach to the bed before I realized something was missing!

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

/Thread
There are hundreds of posts and several threads about this. Let me do a quick search...this one is probably best:

Users who are viewing this thread