5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bed cap

mcsahib

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am an new owner of this Ram big horn with sport appearance package. I just found that there are two big holes at the rear of the bed wall, see pic. are they suppose to ve caps to cover them? I ask the sale and he said no, all the trucks he have dont ve caps to cover them.

Attachments

• IMG_20180811_140126.jpg
    IMG_20180811_140126.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 120

sgk

Reaction score
Im afraid your salesperson is right even though I don't have mine yet, I can recall seeing that open on others. I'm sure anyone here that has there Ram can confirm that.

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Im afraid your salesperson is right even though I don't have mine yet, I can recall seeing that open on others. I'm sure anyone here that has there Ram can confirm that.

Actually you don’t have stake pockets on a ram box truck

sgk

Reaction score
Actually you don’t have stake pockets on a ram box truck

Well, that makes sense or someone can peek in your boxes. Out of the photos I took of mine I did not get that box view so I was not sure. besides the bed rails, i hope I have some other hooks or openings for tie-downs.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep, open on my 2016,2017, and my 2019 Ram 1500's

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Actually I've been wondering why RamBox models don't have the stake pockets. If you watch the video below where he removes the RamBox insert, you can see the sheet metal behind and underneath the RamBox itself. It looks to me like there is room on both ends for a standard stake pocket if Ram wanted to put one in.
The only reason I can see to not do it is for side rails (think wooden Radio Flyer wagon) where they would then interfere with opening the RamBox,

Blazn

FifGen
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am an new owner of this Ram big horn with sport appearance package. I just found that there are two big holes at the rear of the bed wall, see pic. are they suppose to ve caps to cover them? I ask the sale and he said no, all the trucks he have dont ve caps to cover them.
I quietly wondered the same but I creeped on another dealership and illuminati confirmed all open....found some anchors you can pop in there on Amazon (not sure of perfect fit) or slam a handrail on and voila....

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi all,

I had some of these on my 2014 and they fit like a glove, I ordered another set for my 2019 as well as the holes appear to be the same size as the 14.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0026Y3YGK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I put these on today, they just snap in and fit like a glove.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 601

Users who are viewing this thread