5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bds 4” air suspension with measurements

TowMode

Reaction score
Would you expect all of these measurements to be reduced by 1" if you do not have the ORG?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Would you expect all of these measurements to be reduced by 1" if you do not have the ORG?
TM,

I don't think so, since the 4" lift is based on OR2, which all trucks AS trucks have regardless.

Neurobit

TowMode

Reaction score
TM,

I don't think so, since the 4" lift is based on OR2, which all trucks AS trucks have regardless.

Neurobit

It was my understanding that the trucks with the ORG do not get OR2. Only the non-ORG trucks. I thought basically every setting with the exception of entry/exit on an ORG truck was 1" higher. I was just not sure if this lift will take me up to a lifted ORG truck, or a lifted non-ORG truck.

TowMode

Reaction score
I finally got the BDS 4" for Air Suspension done. Also added the Hellwig Rear Sway Bar.

I am running a 2020 Limited without OR package. I have Nitto Ridge Grappler 35x12.50xR20s. I have Fuel Maverick Anthracite 20x9 wheels.

Here are my pre and post measurements in Normal Mode.
  • Measurement from the ground to the top of the pole on the bed post lift - 60.5"
  • Top of the pole to the top of the shark fin - 23"
  • Rear ground to fender pre-lift - 40.25"
  • Rear ground to fender post-lift - 43.25"
  • Front ground to fender pre-lift - 38.25"
  • Front ground to fender post-lift - 43.25"
So I am exactly 1" shorter than Rocky's total height measurement. I do have access to OR2 though, where he does not. I can just BARELY fit in my 7' garage in Normal Mode, and I can safely park in my 7'2 parking garage without dropping it down at all.

AtlasRam1500

Reaction score
I finally got the BDS 4" for Air Suspension done. Also added the Hellwig Rear Sway Bar.

I am running a 2020 Limited without OR package. I have Nitto Ridge Grappler 35x12.50xR20s. I have Fuel Maverick Anthracite 20x9 wheels.

Here are my pre and post measurements in Normal Mode.
  • Measurement from the ground to the top of the pole on the bed post lift - 60.5"
  • Top of the pole to the top of the shark fin - 23"
  • Rear ground to fender pre-lift - 40.25"
  • Rear ground to fender post-lift - 43.25"
  • Front ground to fender pre-lift - 38.25"
  • Front ground to fender post-lift - 43.25"
So I am exactly 1" shorter than Rocky's total height measurement. I do have access to OR2 though, where he does not. I can just BARELY fit in my 7' garage in Normal Mode, and I can safely park in my 7'2 parking garage without dropping it down at all.
Any pictures

Users who are viewing this thread