5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery Saver Warning Message Cutting out Radio/Nav & Other functions

Gary C

Reaction score
Have 2019 2500 Cummins with 800 miles on it. Almost every time I drive it, after 5 - 10 minutes the Battery Saver message flashes on the display
and the radio, Nav etc, functions cut out and become disabled on the UConnect display. As soon as the truck is turned off the sound comes back on
and everything returns to normal. Took it to a dealer, they say everything checked out fine - they charged both batteries and the issue went way for about
a week; but now it's back again. I typically drive it every day back and forth to work; ~11 miles each way. Temp here in MN has been in the 20s/30s; not
too bad for this time of year. Battery voltage indicates ~ 11 - 12 V at start-up and quickly goes up to 14.2 - 14.4 and stays there while driving. Never have an issue
starting the truck; battery charge level seems fine (turns over quickly; etc.). Seems like something is triggering a low battery voltage warning signal that is not real(?)

Really like the truck overall; but this is frustrating. Anyone else out there have similar issues?

NumpsRebel

Reaction score
Have 2019 2500 Cummins with 800 miles on it. Almost every time I drive it, after 5 - 10 minutes the Battery Saver message flashes on the display
and the radio, Nav etc, functions cut out and become disabled on the UConnect display. As soon as the truck is turned off the sound comes back on
and everything returns to normal. Took it to a dealer, they say everything checked out fine - they charged both batteries and the issue went way for about
a week; but now it's back again. I typically drive it every day back and forth to work; ~11 miles each way. Temp here in MN has been in the 20s/30s; not
too bad for this time of year. Battery voltage indicates ~ 11 - 12 V at start-up and quickly goes up to 14.2 - 14.4 and stays there while driving. Never have an issue
starting the truck; battery charge level seems fine (turns over quickly; etc.). Seems like something is triggering a low battery voltage warning signal that is not real(?)

Really like the truck overall; but this is frustrating. Anyone else out there have similar issues?
my 1500 just started doing the same and it died three times a week after that started. its been about 20-30 degrees here in Kentucky and then some days it'll be back in the 50s. watch out for it to eventually stop charging while driving Because my voltage fell from the normal pretty quickly and to would really suck to be stranded in one fo those northern winters

Users who are viewing this thread