5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery drain issues

ejmguru

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Has anyone had any issues with the 2025 Ram 1500 not starting after sitting a day or two? This is my 2nd 2025 RAM 1500, Bighorn, as the 1st one had to be returned due to the same issue of not starting, only worse. The dealer wasn't able to repair the 1st RAM, so now I have a new one again. Yesterday went out, started the truck and took it through the car wash. After returning, shut off the truck and in an hour tried to start it as we were headed to a Baptism event, and it was dead. This has happened a couple of times. The charging system is always showing 13.8 to 14.4 volts going to the battery, but it seems the battery isn't charging. Not sure if the battery is dead (dealer replaced both batteries on the 1st Bighorn and that didn't solve the issue) or there is a parasitic drain on the battery. Currently I have to carry a battery pack with me to ensure that I can jump the truck to start it. I love the truck and just checking to see what I might be able to do to ensure the truck will start when I need it. Thanks for any information. Also, has anyone permanently installed a battery maintainer in their RAM?

Hi everyone! Has anyone had any issues with the 2025 Ram 1500 not starting after sitting a day or two? This is my 2nd 2025 RAM 1500, Bighorn, as the 1st one had to be returned due to the same issue of not starting, only worse. The dealer wasn't able to repair the 1st RAM, so now I have a new one again. Yesterday went out, started the truck and took it through the car wash. After returning, shut off the truck and in an hour tried to start it as we were headed to a Baptism event, and it was dead. This has happened a couple of times. The charging system is always showing 13.8 to 14.4 volts going to the battery, but it seems the battery isn't charging. Not sure if the battery is dead (dealer replaced both batteries on the 1st Bighorn and that didn't solve the issue) or there is a parasitic drain on the battery. Currently I have to carry a battery pack with me to ensure that I can jump the truck to start it. I love the truck and just checking to see what I might be able to do to ensure the truck will start when I need it. Thanks for any information. Also, has anyone permanently installed a battery maintainer in their RAM?
i wonder if the dealer put some kind of tracking device or something hidden in it that is drawing power. really weird 2 trucks same issue from the same dealer. or the pulsing 3rd brake light module some dealers like to put on and charge you for. just a random thought

Just replaced the aux battery from the dealer. I had to remove/replace as the truck was completely dead. Once installed, the truck started again, and I was able to take it to the dealer. Just checked after driving home and the aux battery is down to 11.6 volts after about 45 minutes. Something is definitely running after the truck is powered down. Just can't pinpoint the issue.

Just replaced the aux battery from the dealer. I had to remove/replace as the truck was completely dead. Once installed, the truck started again, and I was able to take it to the dealer. Just checked after driving home and the aux battery is down to 11.6 volts after about 45 minutes. Something is definitely running after the truck is powered down. Just can't pinpoint the issue.
yep, you must have something draining it. it's weird that its 2 different trucks from the same dealer though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back