5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bak Revolver X4 installed

Kxlexus

Reaction score
Would someone mind posting a photo of that section please? Maybe I just goofed up the install
I wish more people with this cover and Ramboxes would post pictures to see if they had a gap like that. My gap wasn’t as big as yours but it was bigger than I thought it should be. I too have Ramboxes. I filled the area with weather stripping and put clear silicone over top. That took care of the leaking but it looks like . I may remove the clear and put black silicone instead.

stevestrike

Reaction score
I wish more people with this cover and Ramboxes would post pictures to see if they had a gap like that.
Thanks for posting. I opened a case with Bak's technical support today and asked them if that was considered "normal" or within spec and sent that same exact picture. I'll post back any updates.

Kxlexus

Reaction score
Thanks for posting. I opened a case with Bak's technical support today and asked them if that was considered "normal" or within spec and sent that same exact picture. I'll post back any updates.
PLEASE let me know what they say. I love the cover but hate the look of that big glob is silicone in there to stop the leaks

jimk hunt

Reaction score
There are some pics towards the end of a thread on here. Search rambox tonneau and it should come up.

stevestrike

Reaction score
Thanks for finding that link. Unfortunately those pics don't show the gap at the front of the bed. Bak is telling me that a "minimal" gap is normal on trucks with Ramboxes, but my gap is several inches. It really looks like they just cut the angle piece too short so it doesn't mate up with the truck bed.

Jeet

Reaction score
Hi there, luckily I have revolver x4 on 2019 Rebel with Rambox. Hope this help anyone who is looking into Revolver x4 on rebel with rambox. Sorry about the dirtiness but hey it's a truck....lol

20190929_170807.jpg 20190929_170747.jpg 20190929_170728.jpg 20190929_170734.jpg 20190929_170855.jpg 20190929_171042.jpg 20190929_170951.jpg

stevestrike

Reaction score
PLEASE let me know what they say. I love the cover but hate the look of that big glob is silicone in there to stop the leaks
Update to my support case with Bak. They sent out a new set of rails, and unfortunately they are cut the exact same way my original set was cut. It looks like they are cutting about 2" of material at the end of the rail, when they really only need to cut about an inch. That leaves the "gap" where everything can get through. It seems our only remedy will be to patch it with more foam, which is a hard thing to swollow when you just dropped a grand on a bed cover. I really wish I had gone with a different brand at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread