5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

baja ditch lights with putco brackets install and feedback requested

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just install the baja design squadron sport in the combo pattern as ditch lights with the putco luminix brakets. Here are some pictures.
the brackets cost a fourth of any other option out there, the mounting hole for the lights in the brackets needs to be enlarge if using the mounting bolts that come with the baja lights or you can find different bolts. I used a cobalt steel step drill bit to enlarge the hole and last there is some trimming to be done, less if the cable is routed differently than how I went about it.
I do have some questions and any advise or pictures would be greatly appreciated.
For security purpose -
do these get target often, I order the security hardware from baja for the sides but these didn't fit. Are there any other options out there. I also order some one way bolts and got a great way to install these from jimothy
fire wall access, light switch placement and future light bar -
access thru the fire wall is easy but afterwards the plug of course doesn't seat or seal completely, are you guys cutting and resealing. Since I am adding a light bar some time soon I wanted to ask what others did in advance
the switch for now is setting below where the parking brake is at and maybe that is where I will leave it, the switch for the light bar seems to be rectangular, I do not plan on doing any other lights, is there any cleaner way to mount a round with a rectangular switch
Since it will just be the ditch lights and a light bar, for now I do not think I will get a multiple light controller - first time that I will add more than one set of aux lights to any of my cars, I am assuming I can get away with mounting the ground cable and power cable for the light bar harness in the same spots as the ditch lights or is this a big no no. I have only read that it is advise for each light to use its own harness and not to cut cables and fuse into a single harness
Thanks in advance for any feedback, advise and pics
20220625_133208.jpg 20220625_133216.jpg 20220625_133235.jpg 20220625_133257.jpg 20220622_191013.jpg 20220625_104901.jpg 20220626_002342.jpg 20220626_002442.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread