5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Backup camera

Cstudley

Reaction score
Less than 450 miles on 2021 Rebel and back up camera quit working. Any user fixes or do I need to go back to dealership?

RamGF

Reaction score
I would take it back to the dealer. I had the same thing on a 2019 Ram 2500 with only a 150 miles. Ended up replacing the center console display 12.1”. Not a single problem since except the noisy body mounts which they have not had a fix for yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum . Mine did that when I first got it but before I could get it into the dealer it started working again and has been flawless ever since , that was over a year ago .

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I had mine go out a few times but came back the next time I started it but not immediately. How long has it been out?

packer96

Reaction score
After I first bought mine, the damn picture would freeze right in the middle of backing up. Once I put it in park the radio would reboot and everything worked again. Only happened a few times and hasn't happened since. Good luck!

LouisDefarge

Reaction score
My 2021 Ram 1500, Patriot Blue, ordered from the factory and delivered in November had the backup camera go out today. Same symtoms as what others have posted. 2k miles. I have an appointment with the dealer on Jan 4.

BobbyD1966

Reaction score
Please et me know how it goes. I had mine for 14 days and the backup camera went out. New camera is on order and is being replaced hopefully by the end of the week.

Goat1

Reaction score
I had mine go out a few times but came back the next time I started it but not immediately. How long has it been out?
Got my 2021 on the 4th and rear backup cam dead today.

kdrose1992

Reaction score
Bought my 2021 Rebel a few months ago and yesterday with 4300 miles backup camera was black when I left work. Stopped and started multiple times with no success, thought reboot might fix it. So I went to the dealer to schedule appointment. Now this morning it is working again so I’m not sure if I should keep the appointment or not. Does anyone know if there are any possible fixes for this, if not and it is still working next week I guess I will cancel. This is really irritating since the truck I traded in was 10 yrs old with 130000 miles and never had this issue

Dodgeramfan

Reaction score
Bought my 2021 Rebel a few months ago and yesterday with 4300 miles backup camera was black when I left work. Stopped and started multiple times with no success, thought reboot might fix it. So I went to the dealer to schedule appointment. Now this morning it is working again so I’m not sure if I should keep the appointment or not. Does anyone know if there are any possible fixes for this, if not and it is still working next week I guess I will cancel. This is really irritating since the truck I traded in was 10 yrs old with 130000 miles and never had this issue

This happens to me about once a week. Shifting the truck to park, then back to reverse, usually turns the camera back on. I have videotaped a few occurences so I have some "proof" in the event it does not act up at the dealership.

kdrose1992

Reaction score
This happens to me about once a week. Shifting the truck to park, then back to reverse, usually turns the camera back on. I have videotaped a few occurences so I have some "proof" in the event it does not act up at the dealership.
Thanks, I will try that if it happens again, I did take a picture showing it with a black screen for proof.

Ldc2335

Reaction score
Mines done it once. I was about ready to pull the battery cable to try and reset and it started working.. So maybe wait a few hours.

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk

SparksNVRebel

Reaction score
Yep happened to me last month, was about to reset it when I get home from work hut totally forgot about it. The next day, it was working fine. And it stayed working .

Users who are viewing this thread