5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Backup Camera Unavailable?

Elfie

Reaction score
Got 27,000 miles and randomly today my backup camera reads unavailable? It came on briefly when I got off work but was glitchy and went back to unavailable. I tried a soft reset but I’m not sure I did it right. Tips/fixes? I already made an appointment to the dealer

Attachments

• C34148B6-2C10-40FD-B6B0-0ACBEB18F443.jpeg
    C34148B6-2C10-40FD-B6B0-0ACBEB18F443.jpeg
    36.2 KB · Views: 9

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got 27,000 miles and randomly today my backup camera reads unavailable? It came on briefly when I got off work but was glitchy and went back to unavailable. I tried a soft reset but I’m not sure I did it right. Tips/fixes? I already made an appointment to the dealer
What’s the condition of your battery? These trucks get really glitchy with a bad or weak battery. My truck has done that a couple times to me whenever I’d unplug the battery to do something. Each time I let the truck sit overnight and by morning the camera is back. Maybe see if it’s working tomorrow?

The proper soft reset technique is probably on here somewhere I can’t remember it, or someone will chime in with it.

ZombieSlayer

Reaction score
Mine will sometimes do that but goes away after a couple of restarts. Of course the dealer can't find anything wrong and of course they can never replicate it :rolleyes:

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Mine will do that if I didn't shut the tail gate hard enough, like if I just close it very lightly. I usually close it with a bit more force and it fixes it.

However one time, it stayed black all day until the next morning and it worked fine. Not sure if an update happened and it needed a few hours to get back online.

Elfie

Reaction score
I Assume the battery is in good condition everything else works perfectly no glitches on anything else just the backup camera, I bought the truck with 26000 so I’ve only put 1000 miles on it. I did wiggle the harness at the attachment by the license plate and the camera came on. Drove the truck and it was a little glitchy when I parked but still on

Users who are viewing this thread