5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Backup camera problem?

BBowling

Reaction score
Hey! My apologies if this is the wrong place to post this as it is my first time posting. 2019 Laramie about 40k on it. Never had an issue up until about 30 mins ago. Put the truck in reverse and the backup camera was just bright white. Drove the truck home and turned it off, let it set for a minute and now it’s fine. Should I look into getting the camera replaced or not worry about it in the case it was a one off thing. Thanks in advance. E2EFA49D-6439-43C3-B218-62687F588085.jpeg

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
mine has glitch once in almost 2 years of ownership.
So not enough to worry in my opinion

Fantastipotamus

Reaction score
This has happened to me a few times as well (not bright white but static-y or otherwise unusable), but it seems like a software issue and not a hardware "camera" issue to me. As you found, shutting the truck off for a bit seems to fix it.

That being said, I have replaced the camera in my truck because it was all scratched up. Pretty easy job, and the camera itself is like $100? Something like that.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
maybe the issue is more widespread, and this might apply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/