5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Backup camera not working among other things

IsaiahSchlagel

Reaction score
Hello!

Today I installed a cold air intake and a oil catch can in my 2020 ram 1500 rebel. I disconnected the battery negative terminal before starting. Before this installation, everything was working perfectly. After the installation, the monitor/uconnect system is acting up. There is no longer an app for the backup camera and nothing at all happens on the screen when I put the truck in reverse. Also, the A/C and heat system is acting very strangely as well. I briefly inspected the fuse box and did not see any fuses that appeared to be blown. I attempted to disconnect and reconnect the battery. I attempted to reset the uconnect/monitor. I attempted the unconnect soft reset. Nothing has worked so far. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Hello!

Today I installed a cold air intake and a oil catch can in my 2020 ram 1500 rebel. I disconnected the battery negative terminal before starting. Before this installation, everything was working perfectly. After the installation, the monitor/uconnect system is acting up. There is no longer an app for the backup camera and nothing at all happens on the screen when I put the truck in reverse. Also, the A/C and heat system is acting very strangely as well. I briefly inspected the fuse box and did not see any fuses that appeared to be blown. I attempted to disconnect and reconnect the battery. I attempted to reset the uconnect/monitor. I attempted the unconnect soft reset. Nothing has worked so far. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Wait for awhile and it will all come back. Could be about 6 hours. Very common and has been posted many times. Easy to find with search.

Thank you both very much, I removed the negative battery cable as well on my 2019 laramie Longhorn and did the same thing. this thread saved me from going to the dealer for my appt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back