5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Backup Camera Cleaner

HMC8403

Reaction score
I'm wondering if this potential MOD would work or if anything else has been tried anything else. Yesterday was driving around Christmas shopping and making multiple stops; each time I back into the parking spot. Like I do every time it rains; before getting into my truck, I always wipe off the backup camera with my finger. Problem is that by time I reach my next stop, the camera is dirty again.

My proposed mod is mounting the electric compressor from a cheap air-horn system inside the tailgate, combining all the compressor outlets into one hose for increased pressure, and pointing the hose to the camera. I was thinking that as long as the camera didn't have caked on gunk that the air pressure would blow off the standing water.

Screen Shot 2020-12-13 at 2.56.02 PM.jpg Screen Shot 2020-12-13 at 2.55.26 PM.jpg

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If you get it to work you should patent it and sell it to the manufacturers ..... all of them .

Users who are viewing this thread