5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Back-up tone stays on all the time

U

User_7869

As of today, when the radio/satellite/bluetooth/any music is on and the display is on, the "back-up" tone comes on and stays on. It goes up with the volume and down (a little bit) with the volume. I've started and restarted the engine at least 6 times and changed all the settings I can find, but to no avail. I'm taking it to the dealer tomorrow, but I doubt they'll have an answer.

Anyone know about this?

MMM1210

Reaction score
As of today, when the radio/satellite/bluetooth/any music is on and the display is on, the "back-up" tone comes on and stays on. It goes up with the volume and down (a little bit) with the volume. I've started and restarted the engine at least 6 times and changed all the settings I can find, but to no avail. I'm taking it to the dealer tomorrow, but I doubt they'll have an answer.

Anyone know about this?
Yep...I took it to the dealer and they replaced mine...

6spdg37s

Reaction score
happened to me today with 300 miles on the truck...

It happened when I picked it up from being detailed so my thought was possibly they got wax on the sensor or reverse camera...

wiped them down and also disconnected the battery for 20 mins and reconnected and everything was good.

if it happens again I will bring it to the dealer.

kind of makes me feel better that this is happening to other people and it is fixable...

Users who are viewing this thread