5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Back up camera

Geesus

Reaction score
Back up camera went black, however the next day it was back to normal! Any one have any suggestions on a possible issue?

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It happens sometimes, but it should be pretty rare. Maybe slightly more common, my rear camera won't activate and usually opening and closing the tail gate a little harder will "fix it". Same thing with my F150.

However, on the rare cases where that doesn't fix it, it always works the following day. It could be an update or something like that, who knows, but if it only happens once in a rare while, you should be fine, not sure the dealer will have any idea how to fix it unless you can make it to the dealer with a black screen. Typically it will fix itself the next day and the dealer won't have a way to figure it out.

xspeedy

Reaction score
Back up camera went black, however the next day it was back to normal! Any one have any suggestions on a possible issue?
I believe there is a recall for the rear camera not displaying when you reverse. I don’t remember the details and always refused the update since I never saw the issue. Just search it up.

Users who are viewing this thread