5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Back up Camera issues

2019Beast

Reaction score
I finally got down to the dealership to get my back up camera fixed. Dropped it off the night before. Get a call at 3pm next day, your camera is fixed. Technition said a crimped wire. I go to get my truck. Drive 30minutes to dealership and wait 20 for them to get the person who was overseeing my car. She come out and tells me that she went to bring me my car and the camera isn't working again. I'm like wtf. She says that tech will work on it again tomorrow and they will contact me. I get a call at 230 today. We need to order you a new camera. I know the camera works. Its the dam wiring cause it's intermittent. So the camera is on back order and now I've got to wait who knows how long. I can't order the running boards I want cause they are not available yet. Ram screwed up big on not being ready with accessories and repair parts. Lesson learned nerver by a 1st year release on a new model. I new that but wanted this truck that badly.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with a first year release but they should have waited like every other year. Release in the 4th quarter(Sept 2018) for model year 2019 instead of rushing it for 1st quarter(March 2018).
Heck we can't even order a Rebel with ETorque here in Canada whereas guys in USA have had them for a few months.

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My 2011 Jeep was a first year model and I had my fair share of issues and it was release in Q4. I think they are never ready until after a year of production to get the new kinks out

Han Ridge

Reaction score
I thought my rear view camera had gone out but I noticed when I lightly close the tail gate the camera is dead, if I close the tail gate with more force it comes back on.

Users who are viewing this thread