5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

awful ride

armymp1130

Reaction score
Hello all 2020 ram 1500 bighorn crew cab non orp i have a 2” motofab installed and the front just feels weird and doesnt ride smooth like my wheel just constantly goes straight and then slightly to the right to drive straight and every bump feels like the control arm doesnt have enough movement

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’m not sure about lifts but maybe one of the other members who know more about it than me will chime in .

ArtieD

Reaction score
Hello all 2020 ram 1500 bighorn crew cab non orp i have a 2” motofab installed and the front just feels weird and doesnt ride smooth like my wheel just constantly goes straight and then slightly to the right to drive straight and every bump feels like the control arm doesnt have enough movement
Maybe alignment is off? I would bring it back, there will definity be some weirdness on a new install , but it should drive straight if its a spacer !
A lift is best choice it does exacly that, it lifts the truck and the suspension stays basically the same and geometry stays intact
Where as a spacer pushes down the suspension where odd things will happen cv , ball joint angles change and geometry is changed so the steering is affected in a way , tire pressure can also be the problem

Good luck

armymp1130

Reaction score
i recently had it aligned and was in spec im rubbing the factory 20’s with 275/55rp20 falkens that come factory, but not sure what psi to run em at

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Maybe alignment is off? I would bring it back, there will definity be some weirdness on a new install , but it should drive straight if its a spacer !
A lift is best choice it does exacly that, it lifts the truck and the suspension stays basically the same and geometry stays intact
Where as a spacer pushes down the suspension where odd things will happen cv , ball joint angles change and geometry is changed so the steering is affected in a way , tire pressure can also be the problem

Good luck
You beat me to it lol
Spacers are terrible...that's why they're usually the cheaper option.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a 2" top hat spacer from motofab. Barely notice a difference in ride quality unless I drop off a large bump. If you have to turn the wheel to drive straight or have pull your alignment is off. You also want to check all the nuts and bolts they removed/replaced to install the lift as the tie rods are one of those items. You should also check all nuts and bolts after 100 or so miles anyway to make sure none came loose. Very common practice.

If you bought a preload spacer that is going to ride much worse than a top hat spacer or just no lift. When you say bumps, do you mean just normal roads or dropping off speed bumps at speed?

Users who are viewing this thread