5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AWE Exhaust

cm1234

Reaction score
Good Afternoon Gents. I am looking to order an AWE OFG exhaust for my 2020 ram 1500 Night Edition. I was wondering if there were any recommendations as far as which sites to order from. Bonus points for free shipping, discount codes, etc.

Thanks.

mffdvr

Reaction score
I ordered straight from AWE-tuning.com. Took a couple months given some challenges with diamond black tips inventory.

Velocity

Reaction score
I ordered mine from Redline360.com. I paid $1150 for it with the chrome tips. The price now is higher than that but they have the exhaust in stock. Got mine in 3 days. They have 12 with chrome tips and 19 with black tips in stock right now according to their website.

DeanM2

Reaction score
I am interested in your feedback about the AWE exhaust for the the Ram 1500. In particular, how does it sound when you are cruising on the freeway with the windows up? I am hoping for no drone, and really, no more noise than the stock exhaust. Less important to me, how does it sound with the windows down while driving around on the streets? If you can, how does it compare to the Borla Touring exhaust?

Velocity

Reaction score
Honestly, the answer to your question changes from person to person so it’s hard to answer. This is my first Catback system on a vehicle so I don’t have much to compare it to. I did have the B2 Fab cut and clamp muffler before I put the AWE system on mine though. The B2 did have some drone, especially when the ECO mode would kick in. To me, there is absolutely no drone with the AWE. I was really surprised by the sound of the AWE. I started my truck with the B2 muffler and then an hour or so later started it with the AWE catback and couldn’t believe how all of the sound was channeled to the rear of the truck. That was not the case with the B2 muffler.

Basically, no aftermarket muffler or catback system will be quite like stock. The B2 was only slightly louder than stock but the overall sound of the AWE is leaps and bounds better. It’s relatively quiet until you get in the throttle. You can definitely hear it more than the stock exhaust no matter how you are accelerating. Once at cruising speeds it’s very quiet though. I think I read a review of a person that went from one of the Borla catbacks (not sure which one) to the AWE and he said the AWE is way quieter inside the cab. That’s all subjective though, best thing to do is fine someone local that has the systems you are interested in and see if they’ll let you hear it, hard to do most of the time though.

WitsRebel

Reaction score
Hey guys.. just picked up a 2019 Rebel with the 5.7 and am curious if there wss any feedback re: finding best price on the AWE exhaust. I had AWE system on a prior vehicle and loved it. And from what I can tell from videos and poor sound quality videos, I like the sound on the Ram as well. Shipped and with tax I was a bit under $1500. Wondering if there is a better deal to be had, or if it makes sense to wait for a black Friday sale which I saw advertised prior years. Or forum discount? Do they have one?

Velocity

Reaction score
I did a quick search and this is the cheapest I could find. Might be able to search a bit more and find it cheaper. $1,363.40 with black tips and 1,312.72 with chrome tips. Shipping is free. There might be a place to get it without taxes for a couple bucks less too.

Arth

Reaction score
Got mine off Amazon for roughly the same prices as listed above. Saving grace for me is I have an Amazon credit card and I was able to use my reward points to bring the purchase way down. Got it in about 2 days too.

Coming from someone who has run the Borla S-Type, Mopar catback, and the Magnaflow cat back exhausts this one so far is my favorite.

Rio1242

Reaction score
Got mine off Amazon for roughly the same prices as listed above. Saving grace for me is I have an Amazon credit card and I was able to use my reward points to bring the purchase way down. Got it in about 2 days too.

Coming from someone who has run the Borla S-Type, Mopar catback, and the Magnaflow cat back exhausts this one so far is my favorite.
The S-Type was kinda annoying inside the cabin. It gave me headaches so I took mine off. I'm looking at other exhausts and I heard the AWE is quieter inside compared to the Borla, do you agree? I know it's still loud outside which is fine.

Arth

Reaction score
The S-Type was kinda annoying inside the cabin. It gave me headaches so I took mine off. I'm looking at other exhausts and I heard the AWE is quieter inside compared to the Borla, do you agree? I know it's still loud outside which is fine.

100% quieter on the inside than Borla. My wife and I completed a 150 mile trip today in the truck and she had no complaints. It's pretty loud on the outside but that's why I got it. On the inside while cruising between 70-80 the radio could easily overpower the exhaust.

The only time it's noticeable on the inside is when you're accelerating past 2500 RPM. Really sings above 3k but you're moving at that point. I am really enjoying this exhaust over my previous experiences with others.

Velocity

Reaction score
The normal road noise is louder in my truck than the exhaust at 70-75 and cruising. Doesn’t sound like I have an aftermarket exhaust at all to me.

WitsRebel

Reaction score
Thanks, guys. I picked up the AWE and installed and love the sound! About the price mentioned after a discount from John at AWE and picking up instead of shipping. It sounds fantastic and great rumble, and very tolerable toward quiet inside. Removing oem was a little challenging from the floor but after removing spare and heat shields I guess they are, it was completely doable to remove intact. Thumbs up to AWE again!

AMG_RAM

Reaction score
Thanks, guys. I picked up the AWE and installed and love the sound! About the price mentioned after a discount from John at AWE and picking up instead of shipping. It sounds fantastic and great rumble, and very tolerable toward quiet inside. Removing oem was a little challenging from the floor but after removing spare and heat shields I guess they are, it was completely doable to remove intact. Thumbs up to AWE again!
I've been thinking about Borla ATAK and AWE 0FG, and AWE is a better option for two reasons: a) the tips are separate parts, which can be replaced, b) AWE tips have double walls, which does look better and c) a little better sound (but it's subjective).

Users who are viewing this thread