5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AWE 0FG

Kdawg4wheels

Reaction score
I recently put on the AWE 0FG on my 2019 ram. After doing some reading it seemed this system was actually quieter than the borla touring (some members on here had both). That said, I like the sound, but it's a little loud. I was curious if as it breaks in over the next couple hundred miles it mellows out a bit?

I've also heard of people adding a extra resonator on the borla touring to quiet it down. I have the factory resonator already (before bolt on section), so wasn't sure if that would be an option.

thanks,

Kdawg4wheels

Reaction score
Usually as exhaust breaks in, they tend to get louder.
Yes I've heard that with typical systems, however with a straight through like AWE I don't imagine there's baffles or packing to break down. If anyone that has had their AWE for a while could validate, it would be better than my speculation.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes I've heard that with typical systems, however with a straight through like AWE I don't imagine there's baffles or packing to break down. If anyone that has had their AWE for a while could validate, it would be better than my speculation.
Even straight thru have packing. My Carven does.

Skg74

Reaction score
I’ve had mine on for 2 months. It did get a little louder after running it, not a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread