5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auxiliary Camera for 2019 Ram 3500

Ron D.

Reaction score
does any one know what the part number would be auxiliary Camera with 12-pin connector from Mopar. I have 2019 Ram 3500 Laramie 4X4 8' bed with Cummins High Output with 4C nav with 12" display.

Thanks,
Ron

Attachments

• 2019 Ram Truck.jpg
    2019 Ram Truck.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

BigAl

Reaction score
does any one know what the part number would be auxiliary Camera with 12-pin connector from Mopar. I have 2019 Ram 3500 Laramie 4X4 8' bed with Cummins High Output with 4C nav with 12" display.

Thanks,
Ron
I will be picking up my 2019 2500 Limited in about 2 weeks ordered the ("Trailer Camera Wiring Towing Prep Grp" Option Code XFQ).
Will see if the 12 pin connector along with 7 pin one is in the bed.
Correct me all if i am wrong and this is the way i see this cameras:
1.Surround camera system is on the mirrors & tailgate?.
2.The CHMSL is the camera in the Stop Brake lite mounted on the rear of the cab for lining up a trailer.
I will post details of the 12 pin connection and HOPEFULLY get a P/N of the video cable 35' or so and the OEM camera that would mount on the back of the trailer that is monitored thru thr 12" screen .
Al

blkflg

Reaction score
I also want to use a trailer camera with my 2019 2500. It seems that I ordered it to soon to have the XFQ option factory installed. Since I have the 12" screen, I can buy the XFQ (part # 82215833AB) for my truck. Unfortunately, the photos I can find of this option don't show much detail. I would like to use the camera that is already on my trailer if it is compatible with the 12 pin connector. I am really interested in whatever details you can provide about the 12 pin connector. A close up photo of the connector might be really helpful.
Thanks for any details you can provide.
-Steve-

BigAl

Reaction score
I will be picking up my 2019 2500 Limited in about 2 weeks ordered the ("Trailer Camera Wiring Towing Prep Grp" Option Code XFQ).
Will see if the 12 pin connector along with 7 pin one is in the bed.
Correct me all if i am wrong and this is the way i see this cameras:
1.Surround camera system is on the mirrors & tailgate?.
2.The CHMSL is the camera in the Stop Brake lite mounted on the rear of the cab for lining up a trailer.
I will post details of the 12 pin connection and HOPEFULLY get a P/N of the video cable 35' or so and the OEM camera that would mount on the back of the trailer that is monitored thru thr 12" screen .
Al
Will i picked mu 2019 2500 Limited up today, so here is some info it=f it helps:
Got the XFQ option and a 7 pin only connector was installed in the bed AND on the rear bumper a 12 pin over a 7 pin connector. When asked for part numbers for a camera and cable was told PN,s not out yet from mopar, So the 12 pin connector was a great site to see. Now the TTPMS is still to be looked at on the 12" screen settings and will post when i get any info.

Al

BigAl

Reaction score

Thanks,
Ron
I
I also want to use a trailer camera with my 2019 2500. It seems that I ordered it to soon to have the XFQ option factory installed. Since I have the 12" screen, I can buy the XFQ (part # 82215833AB) for my truck. Unfortunately, the photos I can find of this option don't show much detail. I would like to use the camera that is already on my trailer if it is compatible with the 12 pin connector. I am really interested in whatever details you can provide about the 12 pin connector. A close up photo of the connector might be really helpful.
Thanks for any details you can provide.
-Steve-
Will try to take a pic of my 12/7 connector on the bumper, but here is the latest info:
Called my parts guy guy and even him was why i did not get the 12 pin cable but the final info and after he talked to the factory, FCA HAS not made the cable or info on when it will be available, it's still in development. maybe next April so he said. And even then the date might change. So as of today have a 12/7 pin connector we all have to wait till FCA catches up and develop this tech.

BigAl

Reaction score
I have contacted FCA and have a case number to get info on parts, camera, 40' cable etc. Called 2 dealers sales persons, 2 parts guys, both have no clue !! Don't know how RAM overs the option and no info. Also IMO if the option code XFQ is ordered and installed by the factory, you should get the cables (no camera) with the truck like getting the wire when ordered the option IP switches. will post info hopefully this week.

Users who are viewing this thread