5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Autostop Eliminator issue

KHoffman

Reaction score
Installed this module on my 21 Ram 1500 Limited and I am getting warning messages. https://www.autostopeliminator.com/products/2019-ram-1500-autostop-eliminator

Brake fluid low, Not in park, start/stop unavailable. I can only access ACC or Run by pushing on the start button and not Off, probably because it thinks it is not in park. I have removed the module and unplugged the battery for 30 minutes to try to get everything to reset and same results with error messages.

Do I need to leave the battery unplugged longer or any other suggestions to get everything to reset?

Last edited:

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed this module on my 21 Ram 1500 Limited and I am getting warning messages. https://www.autostopeliminator.com/products/2019-ram-1500-autostop-eliminator

Brake fluid low, Not in park, start/stop unavailable. I can only access ACC or Run by pushing on the start button and not Off, probably because it thinks it is not in park. I have removed the module and unplugged the battery for 30 minutes to try to get everything to reset and same results with error messages.

Do I need to leave the battery unplugged longer or any other suggestions to get everything to reset?
Never had to unplug the battery on either of our 2020 Rams. The Autostop eliminator worked from the moment we plugged them in thus I’d recommend you contact them to ask them what they recommend. Are you certain you have everything plugged in correctly? Perhaps you received a faulty unit and simply ask them to send a replacement.

Last edited:

KHoffman

Reaction score
I have contacted their tech support. My main concern right now is how to reset all the warning messages. It is now also telling me the hood is open (when it is closed) and the left turn light is burnt out.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have contacted their tech support. My main concern right now is how to reset all the warning messages. It is now also telling me the hood is open (when it is closed) and the left turn light is burnt out.
I would remove the Eliminator. After that, a couple of cycles of the truck on/off should clear everything.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know of one that was simply bad from the factory and they replaced the Eiminator no questions asked. They sent the new one with a postage paid return box for the defective one. Their customer service is top notch and will figure it out.

Users who are viewing this thread