5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Automatic screen brightness question

CharlieP

Reaction score
Does anyone else not like the fact that even during daylight hours if it is a rainy cloudy day the Automatic Brightness changes to Night mode. I feel it should also be tied into the clock time. any suggestions?????

Ramlax

Reaction score
Agreed this bothers me so much to have to switch it back all the time

Does anyone else not like the fact that even during daylight hours if it is a rainy cloudy day the Automatic Brightness changes to Night mode. I feel it should also be tied into the clock time. any suggestions?????

Fidomac

Reaction score
Same issue for me...i have to use the dash roller wheel to brighten it

DeanKing

Reaction score
Turn off the option "auto headlights with wipers" and the screen won't dim anymore when your wipers are on.
One particular drizzly day this kept happening to me. It would go dim and back again and my wife was driving and lamenting the days when vehicles only had four knobs inside and didn’t do things unless you actually did it yourself. Turns out I also have the rain sensitive wipers. So if the wiper decided to come on it would turn on the headlights and then dim the dash even though it was still pretty bright outside. You couldn’t see the screen or anything. So I do feel this is an oversight. Just headlights shouldn’t be enough to dim. It has a light sensor on the dash and should consider that before making everything inside so dim you can’t see. It took me 10 minutes of messing around with settings to find it listening to her complain and trash talk modern tech the entire time. Fun times.

Briencrotty

Reaction score
One particular drizzly day this kept happening to me. It would go dim and back again and my wife was driving and lamenting the days when vehicles only had four knobs inside and didn’t do things unless you actually did it yourself. Turns out I also have the rain sensitive wipers. So if the wiper decided to come on it would turn on the headlights and then dim the dash even though it was still pretty bright outside. You couldn’t see the screen or anything. So I do feel this is an oversight. Just headlights shouldn’t be enough to dim. It has a light sensor on the dash and should consider that before making everything inside so dim you can’t see. It took me 10 minutes of messing around with settings to find it listening to her complain and trash talk modern tech the entire time. Fun times.
Fun times indeed! I generally leave the brightness knob clicked all the way into the brightest position, because even at the beginning of what the truck considered to be night, it's usually too bright outside for the next step down in brightness (which is less like a step than a cliff, to be honest). So at dusk, when it kicks over, if I don't have the knob clicked all the way up, it goes from full brightness to the highest of the dimmed settings, which is WAY too dim, even for the dark of night, let alone dusk. I wish there were more steps in between!

B

Users who are viewing this thread