5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Automatic running boards

Quincy1972

Reaction score
I need to deploy my running boards while washing my truck with doors closed, but I can't find an option to do this

Yangster

Reaction score
It's in the Uconnect settings. Access it through the climate, then controls or Uconnect app, seats controls screen.

Last edited:

Scmil

Reaction score
If they are AMP boards, just keep a foot on the board with some downward pressure and it stays down. You will feel a little bump after closing the doors and it stays down. It is apart of their "check for functions" when installing, also a great way to park if you can't find a big enough space to protect your truck.

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
If they are AMP boards, just keep a foot on the board with some downward pressure and it stays down. You will feel a little bump after closing the doors and it stays down. It is apart of their "check for functions" when installing, also a great way to park if you can't find a big enough space to protect your truck.
What do you mean with AMP boards? The factory OEM power running boards?

I was looking for a function when locking the vehicle, it would fold out the running boards to protect the car. But you say that you can give some downward pressure just before locking the truck?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
AMP is an aftermarket brand.

Users who are viewing this thread