5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auto high beams and Lane Keep Assist does not work when raining

Rupp

Reaction score
Guys,
I'm still a newbie Ram owner of my 2020 Ram 1500 Limited. I noticed tonight coming home that my Lane Keep Assist and Auto high beams neither worked at all. It was foggy and raining. Is this normal that these do not work when the wipers on on or what?
Thanks

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
From what I know, it is working as designed.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It is not normal for those two feature not work in the rain.
you do have the auto high beams activated under proper settings in the Uconnect menu, right?

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The lane keep assist is toggled on/off with the button high on the dash, and will deactivate if the system does not sense steering input for a set time. I get the warning in the dash cluster screen all the time. I just gently shake the wheel and the message goes away.

lane sense also deactivates at less than 37MPH.

Rupp

Reaction score
Yes I keep the auto high beam on and it worked just last night just fine and I also keep lane assist on always it just simply never turned green and this was on a newly resurfaced road with both lines very visible. The rain tonight was one of those misty foggy types that was very hard to drive in. It seems like this is when you would need it most and it doesn't work.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
It is not normal for those two feature not work in the rain.
you do have the auto high beams activated under proper settings in the Uconnect menu, right?
Agreed. I’ve been on a few road trips with heavy rain, at night, and both features worked without issues.

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes I keep the auto high beam on and it worked just last night just fine and I also keep lane assist on always it just simply never turned green and this was on a newly resurfaced road with both lines very visible. The rain tonight was one of those misty foggy types that was very hard to drive in. It seems like this is when you would need it most and it doesn't work.
Check the text in your users guide, page 177 in my book, and double check the system operating messages and meanings.

Not indicating you don’t know how it works, I just did a refresh with your posting and learned a new tid bit about the system.

Rupp

Reaction score
Check the text in your users guide, page 177 in my book, and double check the system operating messages and meanings.

Not indicating you don’t know how it works, I just did a refresh with your posting and learned a new tid bit about the system.
Are you referring to the owners manual?

Ram Man 727

Reaction score
I don't use the auto high beam so I can't comment on it. As for the lane assist, it does require decent visibility to "see" the lines. If the conditions are poor due to rain or fog the system will not activate. At least thats my experience.

Rupp

Reaction score
I just read the entire section of the owners manual and nothing in there about not working in rain so I guess mine just doesn't work very well. Even on sunny days it's hit or miss if it's detecting lanes. Oh well it's not critical as this is just a nice to have but at it's current functionality I'll just turn it off. Now to figure out why my high beams won't work in the rain.

Rupp

Reaction score
This is making since now as it appears both of these functions appear to be controlled by the camera in the windshield. I'll have to take it in and have this checked.

eTorqueCoasting

Reaction score
I was just about to post about this or at least part of this as I don't have Auto Brights, just Lane Keep. Just picked my truck up Sat evening, so still new to me and still learning it. I thought Lane Keep was pretty cool and useful, but it rained this morning and I didnt notice it working or activating. On streets or highway, either situation would have been better if it worked. Lots of times when it rains here, it seems like the lines "disappear" in the glare or road sheen. Lane Keep would definitely be helpful in those situations.

Users who are viewing this thread