5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auto Emergency Braking Error.

jirving

Reaction score
Bought a new Bighorn Night Edition last week and intermittently get the "AEB Unavailable- Service Required". Would love to just disable the entire feature, but even when it's off the error message occurs. Called service and they said they've "never seen this before". Find that hard to believe.

Attachments

• IMG_8549.jpg
    IMG_8549.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:

glasswagon

Reaction score
I had that issue, they had to replace the module behind the rearview mirror. Part # 68475159-AE

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
I had that once. I forgot to kick the step back up underneath and I was parked at the curb. I just pulled away. So I didn't back up to get the alarm that sensed something in the path, I got that message instead. There was lots of angry language until I got home and saw the step was still down. It cured itself as soon as the step got put back out of sight.

m.hamner

Reaction score
Just got this warning myself along with Auto high beam being unavailable. Middle of the day, cruising at 65mph down the interstate. 800 miles on the truck. Came on for maybe 10 seconds and then went back to normal.

Grimgreg

Reaction score
Just got this warning myself along with Auto high beam being unavailable. Middle of the day, cruising at 65mph down the interstate. 800 miles on the truck. Came on for maybe 10 seconds and then went back to normal.
Maybe you hit a bug and it tripped up the system, and it corrected after the guts finally flew off.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Bought a new Bighorn Night Edition last week and intermittently get the "AEB Unavailable- Service Required". Would love to just disable the entire feature, but even when it's off the error message occurs. Called service and they said they've "never seen this before". Find that hard to believe.
That tells me you don’t want to deal with that service department. There’s way too many possibilities to narrow down the cause while sitting behind a keyboard, but a good place to start is by checking the historical codes in the BCM.

UnclJim

Reaction score
My '22 just started this when first moving I'll even get the headlifghts flashing a few times till it stops. It will do it occasionally after while just driving. I'll check BCM history in the morning any other insight would be a help

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bringing back an old thread. Anyone know if there’s a flash update or something else that addresses the "AEB Unavailable- Service Required" error message? Happens intermittently. Have a service appointment but I’m sure they’re just going to tell me the usual could not duplicate.

Yzcr87

Reaction score
My 23' Laramie does this randomly once in a while. If I have the Adaptive cruise engaged it will let off the throttle, maybe give a quick brake tap, then resume normal function. One section of road on my commute runs along high tension wires for about half a mile, then the wires cross over the road diagonally. Every time I drive under the wires the AEB message comes on, Adaptive cruise will disengage if I'm using it, brake tap, and an "Adaptive Cruise unavailable, wipe front sensor" message with a nifty little animation of a Ram truck driving across the cluster. When this happens, it lasts for about 30 seconds before going back to normal.
Awesome thing is, this condition is easily repeatable & this section of road is within a half mile of my local CDJR dealer. I'm at 21,000mi. now, and will be out of bumper to bumper in the next 4-5months. This is on my nitpicking list of warranty complains to take care of before it expires, along with the non-canceling left turn signal, inop gauges on the trailer towing page in UC5, & a few more...

Users who are viewing this thread