5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auto dim

Ragoodsp

Reaction score
My 2020 Ram Rebel has auto high beams but they do not work. This is my third vehicle with the feature so I know how they are activated thru UConnect, etc. The dealership
tried to activate as well with no luck. Like others have said on this forum there appears to be a bug in the software where the enable/disable message just does not come up on the display. Rig goes in next Tuesday for trouble shooting. Service manager does think reloading the BOM will fix the issue. Will keep you posted. Thanks

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 2020 Ram Rebel has auto high beams but they do not work. This is my third vehicle with the feature so I know how they are activated thru UConnect, etc. The dealership
tried to activate as well with no luck. Like others have said on this forum there appears to be a bug in the software where the enable/disable message just does not come up on the display. Rig goes in next Tuesday for trouble shooting. Service manager does think reloading the BOM will fix the issue. Will keep you posted. Thanks

The service manager is correct, software need to reload for it to work.

skracus

Reaction score
This should really be made a sticky post. Several Rams have had this issue including mine. Have them perform a "reconfiguration" I don't know exactly what that entails but it doesn't take long and does correct the problem. Mine work just fine since they performed the reconfiguration. Another forum member directed me to this. Show them the attached picture and they should know what to do.

Attachments

• reconfiguration.jpg
    reconfiguration.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 52

E.Hands

Reaction score
I have the same problem. Service tech tried to say it was because of my window tint. Got a letter from Ram about the issue. Truck goes into have that module reconfigured next week...

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/