5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Autel Scanner with Bypass

braindead1684

Reaction score
Hey guys, looking at getting an autel scanner for some other vehicles in the family. For the RAM all i find is that you must carry the subscription and register for it to properly authenticate and bypass the security gateway. Does anyone know if you use a standard bypass cable like you would with ALFA if the subscription and such is required or will the tool just go by without checking for those?

Ratchet

Reaction score
Depends on what you are trying to do. The tool communicates with Autel servers for pretty much everything. I know for a fact that if you attempt any bidirectional control or programming with the Autel MaxiSys 9006TS, you will need:
1: An active Autel subscription. ($500ish per year depending where you purchase)
2: A security gateway bypass cable.
3: An active AutoAuth subscription that is married to your scanner. ($50ish per year) This is the part that Autel doesn't tell you about. While it's not a deal breaker, it's annoying. I let my Autel subscription expire while AutoAuth was still current....and couldn't do much of anything.

Fun fact, if your Autel subscription expires and your AutoAuth is still current, you lose bidirectional control as the commands need to pass thru Autel's servers.

I still have my Autel scanner, but the Autel software subscription has now expired. If there is something in particular that you'd like for me to see if it will do, shoot me a message and I'll give it a whirl. My work schedule is a lil weird so might take me a day or two.

braindead1684

Reaction score
Thanks thats good to know I am not doing anything to crazy the 808 is 100ish a yr for the sub so its not too bad.

Users who are viewing this thread