5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are tire chains allowed on my vehicle?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Here's what you missed about where they are approved Autosocks approvals.

WRONG, don't need your lecture! I don't need to rethink my tires or how I drive. Been driving for 75 years, never had snow, icy or wet conditions mishap. I am very safety conscious and always have appropriate tires and go slower than conditions will allow. I've seen ice conditions where 18 wheelers were stopped in a line but sliding into one another. I was 4 wheel chained and able to creep and had steering control. If I have to chain up I'll always chain all four.

Cheers!
I don't need your lectures either, but yet you feel the need to give me one. I just replied in kind to your previous comments. Pot/kettle

TSL

Reaction score
@John Jensen , did you get Autosocks for both axles or just one ? I got one set for my Rebel, verified in my garage they fit ( so much easier to put on than chains ! ), and packed them up under the rear seat. Haven't had any experience using them yet. Figured I would put them on the rears if I had to use them. I guess socks all around in 4WD would be maximum insurance

John Jensen

Reaction score
@John Jensen , did you get Autosocks for both axles or just one ? I got one set for my Rebel, verified in my garage they fit ( so much easier to put on than chains ! ), and packed them up under the rear seat. Haven't had any experience using them yet. Figured I would put them on the rears if I had to use them. I guess socks all around in 4WD would be maximum insurance
I purchased for both axles for "maximum insurance". They'll fit on both my 2016 Eco and my 2020 3500 where they are stored. Hope I never need to use them

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/